Lates drivers for the HP Envy X2?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by AndyK, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyK

AndyK Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi

I'm regretfully having some lockup problems with my brand new HP Envy X2.
    I got it last night and it has already locked up twice :-(

Before contacting HP support or the company from which I bought it, I would like to make sure I have the very latest drivers installed.
    Is it safe to assume that asking the HP Suport assistant/utility (or whatever it is called) and windows update to check for updates is enough, or should I manually go through the drivers available on the HP website, check the version numbers and upgrade if necessary?

Thanks in advance

2. Amplificator

Amplificator Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't mean to sound negative or anything like that, but the time you spent writing this (and waiting for an answer) you could already have spent on comparing your drivers with the ones on HP's website and have your answer already..

The Support Assistant should find the latest drivers, but it doesn't take that long to manually go through them just to be absolutely sure, which it sound like you do.
    For me, they are the same versions when comparing Support Assistant with the website :)

You can also try to restore the device to factory settings through the Settings > Change PC Settings > General before you call the store/HP.

3. xyz

xyz Pen Pal - Newbie

Please note that HP released 2 updates for the Synaptics TouchPad Driver during the month of May 2013. The latest and current version should be 16.5.3.3 (sp61934.exe).

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Aren't these updated automatically with the HP Support Assistant?

5. xyz

xyz Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, but somehow the SA doesn't see the updates yet, and there is no update for the SA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.