late

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kurt corbin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. MobileTechReview

MobileTechReview Scribbler - Standard Member

It most certainly is not in the least anti-glare. Like all Spectre displays, it's very glossy with plenty of reflections, which I always grouse about in my reviews.

The best way to test for PWM is with an oscilloscope, which I don't have. I'd also ideally need a probe, though those can be made homebrew. So I leave that to Notebookcheck. I test the simple way: my eyeballs (I am admittedly not very sensitive to PWM unless it's low frequency), using the UFO test online, the waving pencil test at low brightness and best among these- our camera at a variety of shutter speeds.

dellaster likes this.
  2. paprikaleapt

paprikaleapt Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey Lisa,

1. I saw the vid- you mention ntrig for the 15 inch gem cut.
    Could you try out a surface pen with the device and tell us how it goes?

I have the pen from the surface pro 4 and surface book 2.

2. Do the buttons still work?

3. Ever tried modding the device to include a magnet somewhere to make the pen stick? Or is there an easier solutioln (USB insert with plastic pen loop)?

Thanks!

3. MobileTechReview

MobileTechReview Scribbler - Standard Member

N-Trig pens are cross compatible as long as the machine has a laptop digitizer. Surface Pen and the latest gen Surface Pen both work. The side button defaults to a right click.

I would say that Lenovo's method- a plastic insert in the USB port that acts as a pen holder is a non-invasive way to go. I don't add magnets to laptops.

paprikaleapt likes this.
  4. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

And here's that NotebookCheck review. Spoiler: no PWM detected.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Sp...-2-TB-SSD-4K-Convertible-Review.413909.0.html

5. paprikaleapt

paprikaleapt Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks!

Now that the new ipad mini is out, do you know of a pen loop that can be inserted into a smaller port?

6. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

My daughter came to me earlier this week and said she needed a new computer for college. She has been using my old Fujitsu Q584 for something like the last 5 years. So I found an HP manufacturer refurbished Spectre x360 13" i7/16GB/512GB/4k machine. It was significantly less than the brand new model just released but I figure this is going to be a significant enough culture shock for her as it is! LOL...