Landing page for Asus EEE note forum?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by Rain, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rain

Rain Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Everyone!

I just joined this forum, but have previously been scouring all the pages day and night preparing myself for the arrival of my eee note ! I'm an illustrator/graphic designer who also has a singing-songwriting alter ego. lol.
    kind of like batman but without the angst and weapons and... well ok, that was a bad example...moving on...
    The EEE note would be PERFECT for me because I carry WAY too many note/sketch/music books everywhere.

I am really impressed with all the hard work you guys put in for ported apps & tweaks. Makes me want to learn Linux and all that jazz too!

It seems at this point though, Asus doesn't really have plans to release this product in the US, especially now that a color tablet is available. :( wah.
    BUT, I AM excited for the future development of this product through users like you guys. Hopefully more people will catch on and more tweaks will arise etc.

Now that I've got that out of the way, I was hoping that we could have some sort of main landing page with a title like " I just got my EEE note.. now what!?" type of thing.. and in the page is a link to peterb's freeenote.org also all of the other tweaks and finds that people have so generously offered up. I.E. pictures or links of drawing vids that Latin Vixen and others did and The screen removal/viewing angle issue that one user (whose name slips my mind at the moment) did plus more of course.

I think it would be more organized that way, rather than have people scouring the forum for things and ideas like I did... What do you guys think? If there IS a page like that already, then please let me know!!

I look forward to being more involved in this forum once I receive the sucker from British Columbia.

Until then, nice to meet you all !

Rain ^___^

2. thescreensavers

thescreensavers Pen Pal - Newbie

Welcome to the forum

There is a color Wacom tablet?

3. monter

monter Pen Pal - Newbie

he means asus eee memo with android, but i think this products are not the comopetitiors, cause they are totally different products.

the landing page will be great in future, but now we have not much usefull info. it's not hard to look through 4 threads

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

it's really hard to make that kind of thread w/o being familiar with the machine. And the reason that there isn't specifically an Eee Note page is b/c not many users appear to have the device.

Since you've already found these great threads and have the experience with the machine yourself, If you make such a thread I'd be glad to sticky it :)

5. thescreensavers

thescreensavers Pen Pal - Newbie

ah I thought so, yea that's not even a competitor, it has a pen but it wont be as good or close as the Eee Note

6. Rain

Rain Pen Pal - Newbie

I didn't mean that Asus doesn't want to put attention to the eee note because the eee memo is a competitor, I know they are completely different products, I meant that Asus might not push this product because mainstream culture seems to be more interested in color and android and anything that resembles an ipad really. Its tough to support a product that is in such a niche. Im pretty sure once I have this product i'll have friends asking me " well what apps does it have?" " does it have android?" " why is it in grey?"

And really none of those things matter to me... lol.. I just want a replacement to the good ol pen and paper and a wacom tablet. done. :)

7. Rain

Rain Pen Pal - Newbie

hmm, I shall definitely look into that.. thanks for the suggestion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.