L

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kurt corbin, Dec 15, 2019.

1. kurt corbin

kurt corbin Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited: May 24, 2020 at 11:06 AM
  2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

It's all in the model numbers. With Wacom, the first three letters in the model being either "DTK" (no touch) or "DTH" (with touch). Typically, you pay around $500 USD extra for touch.

kurt corbin likes this.
  3. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The girlfriend or the wife? ;)

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I couldn't disagree more.

Once you get accustomed to the Multi-touch gestures of a program...such as clipstudiopaint.....where you can pinch zoom in and out.......and pan around the canvas with single finger touch.......they become so core to your workflow you really can't do without them any more. The keyboard shortcuts and tools for panning/zooming literally feel so un-intuitive by comparison. I have an old Cintiq 21ux that I literally never use for art anymore more because its pen only, not touch.

But for your pen only purposes....

Wacoms regular Cintiq 16 & 22 (not Pro) are Pen only displays (screen quality in my opinion is kind of meh...especially on the 22inch)

the Cintiq Pro Models 13, 16, & 32 come with touch by default....but the 24 Cintiq Pro can be ordered without touch.

Also....of all the Wacom knockoffs like Huion, XP-Pen, Artisul, etc.....virtually all those are Pen devices only. Only Yiynova has Pen & Touch models. Quite literally I was looking for the opposite of what you were looking for.....an affordable Pen and Touch monitor.

and as far as the tech.....all of Wacoms direct products are EMR (Resonance) based. However in the 2-in-1 windows market....Wacom AES (and N-tirg/MPP) use the ES pen method (Electro Static) that basically piggybacks the pen data off the touch digitzer. Meaning a Pro Cap pen solution would in essence have to have touch before it could have pen....you might be able to disable touch....but given touch still has to technically be in it....its unlikely anyone would put out a pro-cap pen only display.

kurt corbin likes this.
  5. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

:p:p:p