Kindle Fire subforum in the "media tablets" section?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by Mitlov, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

I just got a Kindle Fire, and I'm surprised that there's no dedicated subforum for it. Based on initial sales and from what I've heard from other people, I think the Fire might end up being the biggest thing in media tablets since the iPad. If the Motorola Xoom gets its own subforum, shouldn't the Kindle Fire?

2. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I don't know how most people don't notice it, but this forum (not the main site) still deals almost exclusively with active digitizer pen based 'Tablet PCs' and not the 'entertainment tablets' that popped up only a short while ago, for those things you are better off going to other sites as there just aren't the users here... And to be honest, we get almost no activity on these devices (beyond the 4-10 posts a day from spammers promoting the 'entertainment tablets' and software for them -yea, we get more spam posts on these than we get legitimate posts)

3. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

I did notice that focus in the forums, though less so on the main page of tabletpcreview (where the two most recent news stories are about the Fire and the iPad). Regardless, of the various SomethingReview.com websites (notebookreview, tabletpcreview, brighthand, etc), this is the closest to dealing with media tablets. I mean, I'm mainly a member over at NBR, but there's one single thread in the off-topic forum there dealing with android devices--all devices, all issues. Now, it's 485 pages long, so there's clearly demand for discussion about it. At least here, there's a section for media tablets, just not a particularly thriving section right now.

Anyway, it was just an idea. If the forums would prefer to keep focused on business tablet PCs, that's cool too. I just wish there was somewhere on the SomethingReview.com forums for media tablet owners to discuss their devices.

4. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, in light of that, I just signed up over at BrightHand. Even though they only have one tablet subforum for all tablets, it's pretty active, and given that the Fire runs Android Gingerbread, it's closer to a big smartphone than a small HP Probook Tablet (despite the word "tablet" in both names).

5. pmatulew

pmatulew Scribbler - Standard Member

There's a media tablet subforum? :confused:

Oh, there it is! :eek: Show's how observant I am. (It starts with Apple so I've just been blowing right by it all this time.)

I would like to think that we're an inclusive rather than exclusive bunch. If someone wants to stop in and ask questions and compare and contrast with more powerful Tablet PC's, they're certainly welcome. We'll do what we can. But's it's true that our expertise lies elsewhere.

The existing A, B, or other forum slots will probably do for now. There's certainly more dedicated venues elsewhere for the android platforms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.