Kickstands/Wedges for drawing on the Notebook 9?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by aquarake, Mar 3, 2020.

1. aquarake

aquarake Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi y'alls. I got the idea to buy my Notebook 9 from MOSTLY the recommendations from this forum group. It works pretty decently, except the angle of which I could draw is always lacking.

Do you art types have some sort of wedge or cintiq-like kickstand solution that doesn't involve carrying a rubber grapefruit ball and shoving it behind the monitor? Or have you guys found a stand in the market that can keep the monitor stuck somewhere between 45-60 degrees?
    upload_2020-3-3_10-25-53.png

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The only consensus is that it IS a problem worth solving. We each do it in our own particular ways. Mine is made of wood, and doubles as a drafting board riser, and a stand-it-up-all-the-way thing, so I can have the screen at eye-level and plug in a USB keyboard.

The moral of the story: Your backpack will have extra junk in it. It just seems to come with the territory.

3. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

This might be not be exactly what you had in mind, but while searching for a portable stand that was fully-adjustable and sturdy (as most free-angle stands don't provide much resistance for the drawing hand), I came across the Hercules DG400BB:

[​IMG]

It's a little bit expensive, but quite rigid for the incline flexibility it provides, has 3 levels of height adjustment, and most importantly is sized for larger 15" tablets.

However, it is not the most compact and a little heavy (3lbs):
    [​IMG]

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the build quality, but I'd use the stand more for semi-permanent drawing sessions rather than 'quick cafe' sketching, so to speak. ;)

neongolden and thatcomicsguy like this.
  4. aquarake

Okay I gotta ask. Do you have a picture of said wooden stand? :D

5. aquarake

Oh that's a thing! Might be a good solution for home use actually. Thanks for the recommendation!

6. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Um... I had a look through my files and can't find any of the pictures I know I took. And I'm not feeling the urge to pull everything out right now and take pictures.

But I did show it off in one of my videos a while back:

It's around 40 seconds in.

7. jedah

jedah Pen Pal - Newbie