Keyboard With eInk Keys

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Steve S, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Yes, finally.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

3. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So tempting.

If I thought I could actually manage to retrain myself in Dvorak I'd have to have one.

If I hadn't recently bought a ThinkPad USB TrackPoint keyboard (or if this thing had a TrackPoint) I'd have to have one.

If I weren't still trying to figure out where I am going to set up my nifty Azio Levetron Mech 5 gaming keyboard, or if it had mechanical keyswitches, I'd have to have one.

If only all of the other machines I'm using now didn't have keyboards or folio cases w/ keyboards, I'd have to have one.

If they'd made this more friendly to usage w/ a cell phone (integrated holder, mechanical switch for switching Bluetooth connection), I'd probably be able to justify it.

If they make a numeric keypad version, I'm in.

If they would just make a 4 or 5 key (all in a row) shortcut keyboard which was suited to velcroing to the front or back of a tablet, I'd buy it.

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

5. Kumabjorn

Also, I wasn't able to figure out if you could connect multiple devices.

6. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

I personally do not have an urgent need for a keyboard like this since I use at most Spanish and Portugues QWERTY layouts that differ by just a few keys (pretty much the tilde and accent keys replace the semicolon and bracket keys), but I must say I can definitely see the need for non-Romantic language-fluent polyglots.

7. Kumabjorn

With Swedish you have å ä and ö but you also have ? _ ; " and so on at entirely different places. Remembering about seven or eight frequently used characters is no major problem, but when you have to write a URL with / \\ and so on it becomes confusing.