Keyboard Disconnect Users! Can we Unite?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Robotica72, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Robotica72

Robotica72 Scribbler - Standard Member

I know there are a lot of people on here that have had the same issue my wife and I have had with their Ativ's - Keyboard disconnects. My new dock, that I bought, is working great but I still have the original dock that disconnects when you look at the dock funny. My wifes 500t has the same issue, and Im about to buy another dock for her tablet as well.

I called Samsung again and they confirmed at the highest level that we MUST send the entire tablet back with the Dock - So that's a 3 week "repair" and the tablet has no function during this repair at all.

I think all of us with this issue have been too passive - We need to get to their twitter page and let them know there is an issue and there is no reason we should go weeks without our tablets for this "repair", which of course, isn't a repair - We need a replacement dock...

Samsung has two Twitter pages you can post to : @SamsungMobileUS and @SamsungSupport

Im not sure we can do much - but this needs to be addressed. And before some people attack this idea, I couldn't return my entire unit for a few reasons - It was from Tiger and I had LCD issues 2 days in, sent to Sammy for repairs that took 3 weeks and when I got it back and the dock had more issues I was over 30 days. My Wifes didn't have dock issues until day 35 or so, but she was still using her old laptop then. So we are stuck now. My 700 was now $1199 + $120 for my new dock.

2. Indepthof

Indepthof Trip Hop Rock

I'm with ya on that. Time to start something up so they can start listening and getting people who need replacements, their replacements. I recently ordered my keyboard dock, so far so good, don't want to jinx it.
    Samsung needs to take full responsibility for their faulty units. If we continue as is, they will keep doing whatever they want. Samsung support is bleh, Time for a change!

EDIT: Done! Sent a tweet about it, hope more people will continue until they do something about it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  3. Robotica72

That's my hope ... I cant say I think it will work - But its free to try :) Posting to Twitter takes a few seconds and maybe, just maybe, we can get some action.

4. Indepthof

Indepthof Trip Hop Rock

Ugh, they keep replying to the tweets. lol But I guess that means they actually read the tweets, huh? Definitely need LOTS of people to actually make a difference. :)

5. gren

gren Pen Pal - Newbie

Tweeted in support, for what it's worth :p hopefully they start paying attention.

6. mrmike328

mrmike328 Pen Pal - Newbie

You should also tweet that your are recommending to all your friends and/or interested parties that they buy a different product because you are so unhappy with this product and lack of support.

Maybe that will open their eyes. Personally i seriously considered buying one of these but has changed my mind after reading about this ongoing issue. Not sure what to get at this point... the Surface's screen is just too small to do real work and the Acer tab doesn't have a keyboard case.

I was looking for a tablet that can replace my Xoom and laptop, but maybe next year something will come out that meets my needs better. If only the Surface came with a larger screen.

7. Robotica72

That's what I replaced with this - and youre right, that's the sad part - This is a killer machine, the screen is perfect size and the dock is great (if it didn't disconnect so often). My brand new dock is working well, but I can reproduce a disconnect when I close it (sometimes). That's OK, I can live with that, when its fully open, on my lap - no issues so far. If they would at least replace the dock itself and not ask for the entire unit, I would be OK with that. I do like the unit and if they can get the dock issues resolved its a killer device. My wife loves her 500t so much that she lives with the disconnects every 30 seconds. (No kidding, depending on what shes doing its bad...)