K10stat turns AMD Puma TX2500 into 1775mhz ulv - Fan always at lowest - Faster than any battery mode - Stable - AMD Tablet Nirvana

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Yianaki, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

yes, it really does control clock speeds.

if it's acting sluggish at 1.7 ghz then add a little bit to the voltage to make it run stable. (should be at least .8 v)

as for autostart, I say don't bother. it's easier (for me at least) to just start the program and enable clock control every time windows starts. : P

and let me tell ya, I have to restart windows a lot too (experimental clocks/voltages = lots of blue screens)

if you still think it's sluggish at 1.7 stil, then try going to back to the old 600 mhz p2 and 1000 mhz p1, you'll see the difference
    -Tyler

2. ozdemirhan

ozdemirhan Pen Pal - Newbie

ok,
    here is what i have done so far
    did the mod except black paint and set k10stat to p2 1775 .8v
    now i am writin this oon screen the temp is 45cores-50thrm vista 64...
    without k10stat i dont tink tere is a huge decrease with only mod...
    any suggestions?
    i have zm80 tx2...

3. coaxmetal

coaxmetal Pen Pal - Newbie

I hate to rain on your collective parade, but using a multiplier higher than your max in ANY pstate, even though lower ones, will result in what looks to be an overclock but is actually not.

I don't know what the actual speed is but I'm assuming it is either default or lower (thinking lowest actually given the stability with lowest voltage). Wouldn't be too hard to figure it out (I just didn't take the time). Just for clarification:

I have a Turion Ultra ZM-84 which is a max of 2.3ghz in pstate 0 with a fid of 15 and a did of 0. If I lower the did to 1 and increase the fid to 31 (max) I get a frequency of 1.95ghz, lower than the 2.3ghz in pstate 0 (with did of 0). Now I am not overclocking however I am using a higher fid than the max. The processor simply ignores this over-the-top fid and uses some default fid. Pics for proof:

[​IMG]
    You can see here there is a small benchmark done by Burn in test.

[​IMG]
    Now notice the number hasn't changed all that much. Almost not at all, yet I increased the frequency by 300mhz (a 20% increase).

I didn't take a snapshot of the third pic and don't feel the need to run the test again, but let me assure you I rand the test over again in pstate 0 with a lower fid to get 1600mhz and the benchmark showed a much higher number.

We aren't getting 'real' ULV 1775hmz processors here. We are getting posers. The benchmarks some of you have run have been with lower fids than the max. The max being whatever fid is used in pstates 0, 1 and 2 by default. Unfortunately AMD processors aren't locked by frequency, they are locked by fid.

4. joetheboy

joetheboy Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok guys, this is a conclusion on what k10stat does...

1. It can Undervolt your computer (Well duh!)

2. It can underclock a particluar pstate, but CAN'T overclock it. So for e.g. you can underclock you p2 from 500mhz to 250mhz and get half the performance. But why do that when you cant reduce the voltage further?

3. You can reduce the Northbridge voltage (some people linked it to the GPU but hasn't been confirmed)
    4. It can allow you to disable one of your processors.

5. It can allow you to trap your processor in a particular p-state/Frequency

6. For people with processors where one is more stable than the other, you can assign lower FID to one of them.

7. It can control your processors' response to system load.

8. It can tell you average core temp, cpu load, voltage, and processor frequency in real time.

9. If you use the settings wisely, it can drop your temperatures quite considerably.

10. IT CAN'T OVERCLOCK YOUR P-STATES!!!

5. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

6. manchesterunited222

manchesterunited222 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've got a TX2500 with AMD ZM-82

When I use Kstat10 to lock in any P-state by clicking on the buttons and also enablng clock control, for example P2, each core at 550 mhz, when I do a stress test the mhz in CPUZ jumps up to the max 2.2 ghz.

They only way for me to really lock in at 550 mhz is to go to Win7 power management and set maximum cpu power to say 5%.

Am I doing something wrong or is this what everyone is doing?

7. manchesterunited222

manchesterunited222 Pen Pal - Newbie

Once I have gone through and undervolted all the P-states, will there be even more benefit by underclocking as well? I have a ZM82 which has a max of 2.2 ghz. So if I try underclocking P0 as low as it can (while still having ok performance), will there be less heat? I dont play any games or any video editing, so I probably dont need the full mhz.

Basically my question is, is the heat output of the processor only dependednt on the wattage or also on the speed? if limiting the speed will help too, I will definitely do that.

8. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

Can't really say if underclocking is worth it. Underclocking does reduce heat, but I guess you have to try and see if the heat loss is worth the performance loss.

Anyway, with the latest version I've managed to underclock my girlfriend's ZM-84 to the following p-states:

p0 @ 1.0500
    p1 @ 0.8000
    p2 @ 0.7500

Didn't changed the clocks, it's rock solid so far.