K10stat turns AMD Puma TX2500 into 1775mhz ulv - Fan always at lowest - Faster than any battery mode - Stable - AMD Tablet Nirvana

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Yianaki, Mar 16, 2010.

1. joetheboy

joetheboy Pen Pal - Newbie

guys i am so disappointed in K10 stat. It appears at the moment that it cant overclock or underclock the processor. the original core speeds have been bound somehow to the DID values and changing FID does absolutely nothing to the true core speed. i tested this theory by reducing p0 to 1.8ghz and voltage of 1v. (bear in mind that p1 was 1.9ghz and 0.7750v.) So this should have worked right? Well no it didn't because now im typing this from safe mode. I would encourage you guys to try and reduce your p2 FID to about 200mhz and do anytest. It will give the performance of the original p2 Fid! K10 stat can only undervolt. so anyone (including the maker of the thread) claiming overclocking capabilities of k10stat is bullsh*ting.

If i have done something wrong, let me know. I can say this for sure because hyper-pi calculations to 1M on the standard settings 2100mhz gave me 45.6s. At both 2900mhz and 5800mhz (yes 5.8ghz per core) i got 47.9s which is nearly the same. So what does all this mean????

I did say earlier that my computer was running faster on games. I think the undervolting part prevented the phenomenon where the processor halves its performance under intense heat during gaming, giving me the impression that the sh*ter is running fast.

Tiezep, i guess the 1.6-1.8 values are probably on p0 and you tried to reduce the voltage to about 1.125v or less right?

2. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

indeed you are right.

I was trying 1.5 ghz @.775V for P0

and in response to you saying the program doesn't work; I always notice a decrease in performance as I underclock. Overclocking may not work but then again I know underclocking does.

also make sure you're running the program as an admin, maybe that's why only undervolting works,
    -Tyler

3. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey guys

I'm back on GriffinControl now and tryed to overclock with it.

And do you know what? It's working! :D
    Forget k10stat and use GriffinControl.

I tested with super-pi calculating 256K:

P2 - 550MHz @ 0.8V --> ~31s
    P2 - 800MHz @ 0.8V --> ~21s

4. joetheboy

I can confirm as well that underclocking works on k10stat sorry about that mistake. But overclocking doest work and by that I mean my 2100mhz wont ran anyfaster even if i select a higher FID. I have always been running it under full admin rights.

where can I download griffinControl please?

5. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. joetheboy

GriffinControl is really hard to use and the GUI looks quite bad. I can't get it to accept a config file for my CPU. Anyway, does anyone know when this k10 stat bug will be fixed?

7. colmiak

colmiak Pen Pal - Newbie

dang 64-bit was dropped from griffincontrol. sucks.

8. ozdemirhan

ozdemirhan Pen Pal - Newbie

I can't really figure out what this k10stat does... it may be working, from time to time, I guess.
    So, P2 is not really only a MHz thing, I guess, because P2 state really sucks in performance, and surely doesn't require much voltage: 0.75

And performance-wise, whoever says voltage doesn't hurt, I guess they are wrong; I take a Flash video which is CPU-intensive and playback HD in youtube 720p.

Questions now:

1- Should we enable control clock function?
    2- When does K10stat start to work? Does it work in battery mode? For some reason, the computer rarely goes to 2.1 GHz; without K10stat.
    3- there are two buttons near p2 and p1 and p0,
    the radio and the clickable buttons.
    which of them do the job? and what does it do?
    4- Is hd 3200 adobe flash 10.1 beta hardware acceleration proficient for HD?

and finally.

I modded my tx2, I opened the fan and cleaned it up, change the thermal compound...
    I realize that there is a soldered iron-alloy on the heatsink for GPU, which prevented me to remove the thermal pad...
    SHould we undervolt GPU and remove that iron-alloy solder on the heatsink and change it with copper?

PLease answer, I just bought this to compare to iPad, I don't want iPad crap, I don't want tm2-glossiness; and 2730p expensiveness.

THanks.

9. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

as soon as you enable clock control (given you have it set to run as admin) k10stat takes over all clock controls (be it AC or DC)

also you can change the clock speed by using the drop down FID and DID menus, and you can change the voltage by using the voltage menu.

you can also force a pstate by clicking on that pstates box

otherwise it will choose which pstate to run by the load the cpu is under

is that a good and quick tutorial? :D
    -Tyler

10. ozdemirhan

ozdemirhan Pen Pal - Newbie

WOW, You are fast and kind a AWESOME, I was just trying to edit my post to get more and more information.

I just realized that It takes off of quite a bit of heat ... from the normal HP-recommended. about 10 degrees, sometimes more than that!
    It certainly does work, but kind of weird.
    My p0= 2.1, 1.050v
    p1=1.8, 0.850
    p2=1775, 0.750 (I dont think this is 1775, it runs like 500)

Does this k10stat really change the clock? I kind of dont think so, the computer runs too slow between p1 and p2 there is like 25Mhz and the difference is HUGE.

probably p2 is not just Mhz, and energy-wise, its more sleep-cycle related, I don't know...

I understood how to use now, but pls confirm about the speed and voltages.
    thanks.

note: should I autostart and enable at boot?
    should i enable clock control at boot?