K10stat turns AMD Puma TX2500 into 1775mhz ulv - Fan always at lowest - Faster than any battery mode - Stable - AMD Tablet Nirvana

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Yianaki, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

well halo 2 vista blue screens while changing maps. but then again that could be cpu's very low voltage and not the north bridge.

still testing,
    -Tyler

2. fl1p1slander

fl1p1slander Pen Pal - Newbie

I was wondering what causes a laptop to freeze when the power cable is unplugged. This always happens to my laptop when I stress my laptop then the power cables is unplugged. My settings are stable via Orthos. I never changed the NB settings so I don't know why it freezes up. Thanks in advance

3. Tiezep

just try avoid switching to battery while under heavy load in general.

no more freezing for me,
    - Tyler

4. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow thanks for this info about K10stat.
    I was using GriffinControl before but it wasn't that easy and customizeable.

After I tryed a few settings I was like whaaat?!
    Is something wrong with my tx2550eg or is the tool not working right or is this real...
    My settings atm (tested with prime95):

P0 - 2200MHz - 1.0500V <-- didn't changed it atm, still testing the max with P1 oO
    P1 - 2800MHz - 0.8000V - 52°C idle / 60°C prime95 <-- still not the max!
    P2 - 1550MHz - 0.7500V - 50°C idle / 52°C prime95 <-- max stable frequency at this voltage

Screenshots, super-pi results and other settings following soon.

Ps: I have a ZM-82 with max 2200MHz.

5. stormi

Ok overclocking doesn't seem to work. K10state and CPU-Z are showing the changes but I cant see and feel any difference. Also super-pi gives me the same results for default and overclocked settings...
    I can also run P1 with 3550MHz at 0.7625V and this really can't be true.

6. joetheboy

joetheboy Pen Pal - Newbie

When you unplug your cable, there is either a current or voltage drop as it switches to battery. Either one of them causes your processor to get less power than it needs so it turns itself off to prevent damage. This problem should stop/decrease if you increase your VID settings a little.

7. joetheboy

joetheboy Pen Pal - Newbie

I have overclocked my processor to 2900Mhz at 1.0500V. This is the highest voltage i wanna go and 3000Mhs is not stable. This and the fact that my games are running a lot faster proves that the overclocking works even though i havn't properly benchmarked it. There is something wrong with yours, its impossible to have 3550MHz at that voltage. Do a registry clean and reinstall k10stat.

8. stormi

I got overclocking working now after I changed the profile and changed the DID instead of FID (tested with super-pi). P2 is running at 1100Mhz now with 0.7750V.
    But undervolting isn't working anymore? o_O

When I use Profile 1 with P2: 550MHz @ 0,7750V and run Prime95 the temp. stops at ~53°C and the fan is running silent.

When I use Profile 3 with P2: 1100Mhz @ 0,7750V and run Prime95 the temp. is reaching 58°C and the fan is speeding up...

9. stormi

I made a few more tests and I found out that the cpu frequency will only change for "real" when I change the DID. FID and CPU-Voltage takes no effect. But this will also cause to change the voltage. Don't know why CPU-Z and k10stat are showing changes but they don't exist. So I only can say P2 is now the same like default P1. And/or P1 is now the same like P0.

@joetheboy Can you please make tests with super-pi or something else and show them?

10. Tiezep

for some reason whenever I try to make a profile with speeds of 1.3 to 1.6 ghz I always get a blue screen, anyone else have this happen?
    -Tyler

btw for some reason 1.7 ghz at .8 v works and is very stable...