K10stat turns AMD Puma TX2500 into 1775mhz ulv - Fan always at lowest - Faster than any battery mode - Stable - AMD Tablet Nirvana

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Yianaki, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

in my bios I disabled the fan always on function.

also I learned that by clicking the p2 boxes (they're buttons apparently) you can force your cpu to only run at 1.7 ghz.

this and the gpu clock tool (set your gpu clock 100 mhz down) and you'll have completely fan-less operation granted your not doing processor intensive tasks 24/7

the highest temperature I had with these settings was 62 ' C, but after you hit 60' C your fan will turn on until the cpu gets cooler,
    -Tyler

2. Ganman

Ganman Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, so i have pretty much done your settings, which works very well by the way.

Also what gpu clock tool did you use? and under your win 7 power options is your ati graphics settings on maximum performance or maximum battery life?

3. joetheboy

joetheboy Pen Pal - Newbie

Is it possible to use K10stat to safely overclock the processor? I want to overclock it when im using the docking station.

I have my RM-72 Running the following on AC power without any errors yet on p95.

P0 - 2100 - 1.0375V
    P1 - 1950 - 0.8000V
    P2 - 1775 - 0.7500V

P1 is very stable and im thinking maybe i should do it the right way and get a voltage that causes a bsod then increase it by say two VIDs. Can you guys post your new clocks and voltages and temps please

Running Prime95 at p1 - ambient 25 deg. C , core temp 62.7 deg C

4. Tiezep

well I overclock from 2.1 ghz to 2.2 @ 1.05 v, and I'm sure it can safely run at 2.4 ghz with under 1.2 v if it had to.

please note I have a zm-80, also I have ati on max performance for AC power, and max life on battery.

5. octagonalman

octagonalman Pen Pal - Newbie

When using the 1775 setting is the performance consistent with what's expected? If somebody could kindly post some SuperPi results at the original speed intervals and the new speeds to double check, that would be awesome!
    Thanks!

6. joetheboy

To be honest, I dont think 1775MHz is up for the task. At least google chrome is suffering when playing any youtube videos. What browser have you lot been using then?

An achievement i have now is I have my p0 at 2700 Mhz, 1.1875 V and it heats up to 95deg C at full pelt but luckily, its stable. I havn't pushed it it any further yet beacause the temps meakes me a bit nervous.

I have a question though. Is the temperature of the processor directly proportional to the voltage it takes or the speed at which it runs?

7. Tiezep

I would never go to 2700 mhz on this laptop, 95' C is a tad higher than what it should ever be running at.

however 1700 mhz @ .81275v works great with firefox (with smooth scrolling turned on at that!)

don't be so extreme with your laptop, you should know that the chipset is already in danger at 90' C
    -Tyler

8. Tiezep

hey I noticed in the debug settings that you can set your own NB voltage.

if my guess is right then that means we can undervolt the north bridge, which is the ATI 3200 hd.

dunno about you guys but I'm going to play around with that,
    - Tyler

9. Tiezep

I set the NB from .9 v to .8 and everything is working fine.

I will try gaming with these settings later, and then if that works (without bsod) then I will go even lower and report my outcomes,
    -Tyler

10. joetheboy

Unplug your power cable at that NB voltage and let us know if you get a freeze up like i used to get. By the way, who knows how to set a different voltage per core. I have my CPU overclocked from 2100 to 2700 @ 1.0375v and 85degC max. Problem is core1 always fails. it changes Frequency to 1050Mhz randomly even though that isn't any of my p states. Help please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.