Just scored a 14" 8th gen Core i3 Chromebook with Wacom EMR for $260!

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by Shogmaster, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Is this the Chromebook bargain of the decade?!? There are a bunch of Dell Inspiron Chromebook 7486 on eBay going for around $250! I picked up one that seemed pristine for $260 w chipping before tax. Granted it only has 4GB of RAM, but it's running Chrome OS so should be fine. And 7486 has update support until June of 2025.

Soon as it arrives I'm loading Android version of CSP and test it out. I'll bet it's a better experience than my Tab S7+.$260! To think I was about to pull trigger on $550 Acer Chromebook Spin 13 for my EMR fix...

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

It's probably more expensive if you want one without chipping. :p

Seriously though that sounds like a great deal. Curious to hear your first impressions.

3. Shogmaster

Chipping will get ya soon or later...

I would be semi upset if this thing runs CSP better than Tab S7+. lol

JoeS likes this.
  4. Shogmaster

WOW.this is a NICE machine! Meant for $600+ MSRP but even then, all aluminum construction and nice build quality. The silo EMR pen is so dang cute lol. About as comfortable as My Note 9 silo pen. CSP runs like butter on it but that was expected with 10th gen Core i3 single core benchmarks being near the top. The fact that I got this one for $280 out the door is cray.

So far, I played with CSP, and loaded Redream from Play Store and played some Dreamcast games on high resolution. You guys should see if they have more of them at this price on eBay! I'd much rather carry this than my Tab S7+ with separate KB...

Marty, doobiedoobiedum and JoeS like this.
  5. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

What happened to the $150 machine you ordered off Amazon refurb? I bet that goes back because you've now got a 14" screen?

What is "chipping?" You keep mentioning it and I don't get it or is it an American joke?

6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

He misspelled shipping, and then I was being an ass, and then he took it in stride. :D

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  7. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Well arguably, the spelling ability of most Americans is a joke. :p

8. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

£203 (that's $280) for an EMR tablet equivalent to an S7+....................................... :(:(:(

Had a look at UK Ebay prices - $411 for the same thing in the UK.

Not being political but some people told me Brexit was supposed to mean we didn't have to pay silly tech prices anymore. :mad:

9. Shogmaster

I think Boris owes you a new tablet!

10. starllcraft

starllcraft Pen Pal - Newbie

I used to have a chrome book 7486, which is an i3-8130u 8 + 64 version. I bought it in the second-hand market of China for $200.
    But Chrome OS lacks the function of hovering cursor, which makes me very uncomfortable. Moreover, CSP on mobile terminal can't be bought out at one time, so I choose to install it as windows system, but it will lose the function of speaker and touch screen. Intel turbo boost can be unlocked through “throttlestop” application.
    I also bought an Acer chrome book spin13 with i5-8250u 16g ram for $360 and installed it with Windows operating system