Just picked up another Helix 2nd Gen!

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by Shogmaster, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I got real lucky on a very well taken care of Helix 2nd Gen, picking it up for $230 from eBay recycler. It's the 8GB RAM/256GB SSD version I've been coveting forever and it came with the Ultrabook docking KB with 2nd battery! The batteries seems to be decent in remaining capacity as well.

I had the Yogabook C930 for about a week this month and boy, this old boy EMR classic is soooo much a better machine: The SoC is still comparable, double the RAM and SSD is better, the physical KB dock is better, but most of all the EMR feels so much better than the AES implementation in Yogabook with pretty damn coarse digitizer grid.

I returned the Yogabook for the $650 I paid for it on sale and took a chance on a used Helix 2 for less than half the amount. Best purchase decision of the year.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    nyb72, HJK, hiramkey and 4 others like this.
  2. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

I got one from Ebay within the last year. Nice machine. I had some problems with the kb dock and bought a replacement, then the replacement had worse problems. That would be my only complaint. But for Ebay prices, I can't complain.

Shogmaster likes this.
  3. Shogmaster

I think I got lucky. Nothing wrong other than reduced battery capacity, especially the dock. Found replacement battery for $70 so I might try my luck with that.

4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

HOLY FAT BEZELS! :eek: Is it a 14" chassis with a 11" screen?!
    Bezels aside, sweet looking rig though :D Drawing while carpooling?

5. Shogmaster

Bezels are great tho, especially on small screen realestate to draw on. Need somewhere to put my palm!

All that bezel-less BS is from smartphone paradigm, which is totally different use case scenario than tablets you need to draw/write on.

stoneseeker and DRTigerlilly like this.