Just ordered the 4210

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Madcap, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Nice one alaren.
    If I could reassure you, I have dealt with Fujitsu Siemens for a number of years and have a number of their products.

An example of their support takes me back 20 months ago when I had a PocketPC Loox 720 which developed a wifi problem.
    One quick phone call to tech supp and I had a new Loox 720 posted on it's way to me which arrived the following day.

...... Oh and I still had not posted the defective unit either.
    You can't ask much better than that :)

2. Krot

Krot Pen Pal - Newbie

I have T4020, previous generation. Never had any problems with Fujitsu. I just received my T4210. Love it even more!

3. Madcap

Madcap Pen Pal - Newbie

Can you make a comment on the heat issue please? I would like another opinion on how hot it actually gets.

4. P8RSON

If the heat is worrying you Madcap, you can always use HDD Temperature from PalickSoft, available here.

I have it running all the time displaying the temperature in my system tray :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Madcap

Madcap Pen Pal - Newbie

I would if I had my tablet lol :p I just want him or her to comment on their personal experiences with the heat.

6. P8RSON

Understood....
    Why not download it anyway... At least you get to see what it does :)

7. andymiami

andymiami Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered mine and am waiting for it's delivery. I searched for MONTHS going back and forth between waiting for the X60 tablet to be announced and looking at other options - everything between the Toshibas and the Toughbooks. I do insurance adjusting, so a tablet for me saves a whole 1/3 of my workload. Instead of scoping a loss on graph paper and then heading into the office to transcribe it, I can do it all on-site. I can't wait.

8. digitaldust

digitaldust Pen Pal - Newbie

hi guys,
    I just registerd to this forum today right after I submit my orderfor my first tablet pc and it is the T4210 ,I ordered it from laptop authority because I have seen a lot of people on this forum used them, and I hope you guys tell me if theyare good people to buy from or not, i know its too late to change my mind if they not good company but i still want an opinion about them from people here on this forum.
    thanks

9. Madcap

Madcap Pen Pal - Newbie

Small update. Some of my parts have been shipped as of today. The parts that shipped were as follows. I'll update the list as things ship. I will also post pictures and quick thoughts on all things that I get in some form or another. I'll probably create a new forum for all the parts to have pictures and mini-reviews, then I'll have a main forum for the tablet itself. In the meantime, we'll see how Fujitsu Does shipping wise. :) Please oh please let them ship through Fed-Ex and not UPS or DHL...............

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**EDITS**

7.10.6 ~ A quick sidenote. All my parts were listed as shipping on the 12th just last night. Now some of them are shipped. The parts started as being shipped the day after I ordered. My tablet was slated for the 10th. Then everything moved to the 10th. Then about a week later, everything to the 12th. Just a sidenote for anyone wondering how fast Fujitsu takes care of orders.

7.12.6 ~ I am dissapointed with Fujitsu's tracking. In short there is none... there is a link for tracking but it comes up with a new window that says "Tracking Summary", "- No Tracking Information Available-". All of my shipments are like this, all the time. I have no number or anything. Ah well. I guess I'll just wait and be surprised :S :(

7.13.6 ~ Fujitsu does indeed ship FedEx Express Saver. This can be found by reading the PDF invoice in your account under check order status.

7.13.6 ~ My first shipment was received today. Everything that was listed as shipping on the same day was in the same box. It arrived VIA Fedex. Also note that even though everything was listed as seperate shipments to track, everything came in the same (1) box.

7.14.6 ~ Expect the main tablet to ship straight from Japan. Expect all the accessories except the replacement stlus set (which also shipped from Japan), to ship from Oakland California. In my case, and probably all of them, the items from Oakland shipped and arrived first.

7.14.6 ~ Well. I have recieved my main tablet and it shipped through UPS... Strange. Very Strange...

**EDITS**

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red = Not Shipped and or not received
    Yellow = Shipping
    Green = Received and done shipping

Main Tablet ----------------- Ship = 7.12.6 // Receive = 7.14.6
    Digital Battery Charger ------ Ship = 7.10.6 // Receive = 7.13.6
    Modular Bay Battery -------- Aprx. Ship = 12th (past this date, Fujitsu lists 12th, currently unknown) // Receive = N/A
    Main Extra Battery ---------- Ship = 7.10.6 // Receive = 7.13.6
    Delux Pen Tether ----------- Ship = 7.10.6 // Receive = 7.13.6
    Replacement Stylus Set ----- Ship = 7.12.6 // Receive = 7.14.6
    3M Screen Protectors ------- Ship = 7.10.6 // Receive = 7.13.6
    4-in-1 PCMCIA Card Adapter - Ship = 7.10.6 // Receive = 7.13.6
    Notebook Guardian Lock ----- Ship = 7.10.6 // Receive = 7.13.6
    Lexar 1GB Flash Drive -------- Aprx. Ship = unknown // Receive = N/A

Total Shipped Items = 8 out of 10
    Total Received Items = 6 out of 10
    Total Received Damaged or Broken Items = 0 out of 10
    Total Received Wrong Items = 0 out of 10
    Shipping Method = 2-3 days through FedEx Express Saver

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  10. NewbieX

NewbieX Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I would like a second or third opinion on the possible heat issue too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.