just got my Venue Pro 11

Discussion in 'Dell' started by yb8438, Nov 20, 2013.

1. mr_handy

mr_handy Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone tried Windows 10 on the 7130? I just tried upgrading from 8.1 to preview build 10162, and lost my ability to change screen brightness (other than rebooting and changing it through the BIOS.)

2. brian1

brian1 Scribbler - Standard Member

We'll have a BIOS and drivers to support Windows 10 fairly soon. Everything is in test right now.

3. mr_handy

mr_handy Pen Pal - Newbie

Glad to hear it!

What is strange is that whatever the last preview release I tried was (fairly old, a couple of months back) did not seem to have the as many problems as I had with 10162.

4. HyPERHEAD

HyPERHEAD Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

I just bought a refurbished dell venue 11 7130 and very happy with it but have a few questions:

What is the best Bios for the tablet ?.

How is this for modern gaming ie: tombraider, max Payne 3 , splinter cell, COD series, hit man

What updates do I need to Perform as there is quite a few ie : intel graphics , touchscreen, ssd and many more !

I want to remove the throttling using this guide : http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/mobile-devices/f/3824/t/19576995.

Is this how it should look? How do you perform this ? The last set of digits 3rd right is the changed values correct ?

• * 0xD0E 0x01 0x00 ; Package power limit lock
    • * 0x54 0x01 0x00 ; Platform power limit lock
    • * 0xD04 0x01 0x00 ; CFG lock
    • * 0xD0D 0x01 0x00 ; VR Current value lock
    • * 0x39 0x00 0x00 ; Configurable TDP lock
    • * 0x23 0x20 0x10 ; TCC activation offset
    • * 0x3A 0x00 0x10 ; Config TDP lock
    Thanks guys

HyPER

5. DaKyy

DaKyy Pen Pal - Newbie

I recently bought second hand Dell venue pro 11 (7130). How the Bluetooth should work? I can't see any bt devices in device manager. The wireless card is DW1537, which includes the bt feature. I got the latest drivers but I've also installed some older drivers. Wifi works ok. I checked the bios and all wireless devices are enabled. Odd though if I disable the WWAN (which I don't have) in bios, the wifi gets disabled. If I disable wifi, nothing happens, and wifi works.

Is there any Dell apps that I need to enable the bt? It doesn't show up in wireless devices(win 8.1), only wifi and nfc are there.

6. FrancYescO

FrancYescO Pen Pal - Newbie

Via the settings metro app i connected my 5130 to a Bluetooth headset there was something like "search for near devices"

7. DaKyy

DaKyy Pen Pal - Newbie

Just found out the motherboard is probably faulty as there is no Bluetooth device in device manager. I'll have to send it for warranty replacement.