just got my Venue Pro 11

Discussion in 'Dell' started by yb8438, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liftbikerun

liftbikerun Pen Pal - Newbie

Well after 3 days, and after Dell told me they had submitted for my exchange, they cancelled the exchange. Upon chatting support, they told me they could not exchange the device for the one I correctly ordered (while there were numerous available on the outlet site), and I had two choices, return the device and wait 30 days to have my money refunded, or take a $75 credit for them only delivering half the ram I ordered and a slower CPU.

In the end, I made it clear this was unacceptable, I ended up taking a $100 credit, and kept the slower device. Reality is, I will be using this for very little except tablet use, and my Surface Pro 2 was almost identically spec'd and worked fine.

Ah well, for $350 this is a decent middle ground.

2. BluedogRon

BluedogRon Pen Pal - Newbie

I hope I am not going to have a problem like this. I have a refurbed unit coming on Monday or Tuesday and the invoice shows all the right stuff but the Service Tag number on the packing slip shows it to be a different unit. One thing though is the different unit is an upgrade from what I ordered. Will have to wait and see.

Ron

3. rhmurray

rhmurray Pen Pal - Newbie

Just got my core i5/8/256 tablet this week from the refurb/coupon deal for $475 and I am torn. I have owned a Venue 8 Pro 64gb since they were released and have been pretty happy but wanted a more powerful machine with a bigger screen for a low price.

What isn't working for me is the Connected Standby feature which the Venue 8 Pro had working fine from the get go. Have dome all the BIOS and firmware updates. Intel says the i5-4300y chip has the feature and MSFT now supports it in x64 windows as evidenced by the Surface 3 supporting it. I really just want to be able to play the Rhapsody app with the screen turned off. Is this still not possible on this unit?

All in all, I was hoping for a better experience with the mobile keyboard with the battery. The screen doesn't tilt back far enough and the keyboard is too cramped. If Connected Standby is a no-go, I think I'm going to have to send this back. Too many negatives. Please let me know.

4. tsog

tsog Pen Pal - Newbie

AFAIK Connected Standby is NOT supported on the vPro models. I am using hibernate as a replacement. Regular sleep drains about 1%/2-3 hours for me.

5. darknessy

darknessy Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. NaderBazzi

NaderBazzi Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi!

I am a new user of Dell Venue 11 Pro (7130 64-bit, i5 4210Y, shipping date 06-03-2014), and I'm having trouble with Connected Standby, suffering a huge drain battery. I uploaded 4 images with my results (with some points and questions), the Battery Report and the Sleep Study. My system have all drivers updated.

IMAGE 1: Battery Report (39% drained Connected Standby - 8:13 hours ~5% per hour)

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

IMAGE 2: Sleep Study Report (100% Time Active? Should not be 100% Time Suspended?)

IMAGE 3: Top Offenders (All are green, low activity time, and no activators, so why this huge drain?)

IMAGE 4: PDC Phases (What means that 100% Time Resiliency Phase?)

Could anyone give me any information to solve this problem? And how is the battery life, how many hours to discharge rate, about 12% per hour only surfing on web?

Thanks!!

7. tsog

tsog Pen Pal - Newbie

Hard to say without knowing your system settings. I was seeing 1% per 2-3 hours on the i5/8GB vPro model, and this is without CS as my system does not support it. I was initially having trouble bringing the tablet back from hibernate because I disabled paging file; turning it back on solved the problem (even with the file size set to the minimum allowed). The moral of the story is, sometimes the solution is completely unintuitive, and it usually involves a lot of Googling/messing around with system settings.

After some tweaking I am seeing ~3.5 hours simultaneously streaming 1080P, mirroring to monitor, remoting into my other tablet through Chrome, and running Bluestacks. I use the Power Saver plan with every option set to maximize longevity over performance; if I use the High Performance plan that brings it down to ~3 hours. 12%/hr just surfing the web might be doable, but I have never tried it.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  8. NaderBazzi

NaderBazzi Pen Pal - Newbie

Ohh, so i think it's normal..thanks for the answer!

9. cueball

cueball Pen Pal - Newbie

My core i5/8/256 tablet is about 6 months old. Bought from the outlet store. I use it all day every day at home and on the road as an IBM Business Partner Systems Engineer and it has really been flawless. I do not have the stylus but use it heavily for my only system. I would buy it again.

10. Chrischi1988

Chrischi1988 Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, as the state of it right now, I would buy it again. Dell took quite some time to solve most problems, but as of now I dont see any further major problems, as the screen freezing has been resolved via Samsung LCD firmware update. The only thing that could still be better is the pressure sensitivity of the Stylus and maybe a performance option, that doesnt throttle your CPU to 6W when on connected to a power source, I am not saying have no thermal thottling, it should have that, but not 6W power throttle, it is nice if you are only on battery, sure, but would be nice to be able to get a little more power out of the what the CPU can do, without actual overclocking, only the turbo, which could be considered OC^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.