just got my Venue Pro 11

Discussion in 'Dell' started by yb8438, Nov 20, 2013.

1. ettescott

ettescott Pen Pal - Newbie

NM found this info on Dell's site: SD card slot speeds on the Dell Venue 8 Pro and Venue 11 Pro tablets | Dell Australia

The microSD card slots on Dell's Venue tablets are capable of transferring data at different rates, depending on the card type and the processor used in the tablet. The following chart describes the differences between the various Windows-based Venue tablets:

Tablet Interface Card type Bus speed Spec Version
    Venue 11 Pro 5130 High Speed SD, SDHC, SDXC 25 MB/s 2.00

crashsuit likes this.
  2. cosyn

cosyn Pen Pal - Newbie

There's another thread on this here with benchmarks.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. Trancebear

Trancebear Pen Pal - Newbie

this is what I am getting on my Sandisk Ultra 64gb uploadfromtaptalk1389423118905.jpg

Sent from my RKM MK802IV using Tapatalk

4. Trancebear

btw I have the v11pro i3/4/128

Sent from my RKM MK802IV using Tapatalk

5. dsf3g

dsf3g Pen Pal - Newbie

Depends how I'm using the tablet. Sometimes I push the power button to wake it. Sometimes it wakes when it senses me touching the screen as I'm taking it out of its bag. Sometimes it wakes up when I turn on my Bluetooth keyboard (a Microsoft Wedge keyboard that wakes when I take it out of its case).

6. maximum360

maximum360 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm really torn here. The Baytrail version from the reviews seems to have an edge in build quality over the icore version and if not for the 2 GB RAM limitation and storage limitation I would have jumped on board. Some have mentioned some that the back cover can be easily depressed and there is some screen distortion along with edges with some applied pressure with the non-baytrail versions. Dell has no info on when the Pentium versions will be available. The upcoming Miix 2 might be another option.

7. Trancebear

Whatever Dell says the delivery date would be, add a month

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note III using Tapatalk HD

dsf3g likes this.
  8. rushmore69

rushmore69 Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm really liking the 5130:

Plays all of my favorite older games and all emulators smooth. Even most newer non gpu centric games play well.

Battery life is a good as my iPad 4 and Android tablets (better counting the keyboard)

The usb port efficiently powers hard drives and portable bluray player/burner with no need for charging at same time.

Based on the current throttle issues of the other versions, the 5130 is not that far off for performance and better in some cases. (This should change when throttle issues are fixed).

Great wifi radio stability and range.

Office works great with it.

Great display.

Though I agree 4GB ram and 128GB flash would be better, that would drive the price up. This device is a go anywhere mini me PC and fits this function well. The ability to put Steam games in sd helps mitigate some of the storage constraint.

Added: Price would probably be $75 to a $100 higher with the extra ram and flash, but I probably would have paid it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    rwerksman and Antdog like this.
  9. rwerksman

rwerksman Scribbler - Standard Member

My thoughts almost to a T. I'd like to see an LTE options as well. Seriously though, if they just offered one with 4GB and 4G, I'd be over the moon.

10. dsf3g

dsf3g Pen Pal - Newbie

I, too just love my 5130. Only change I'd really like to have made (and I'd probably have paid $75 to $100 more for it) would be a 128 Gb, user-swappable SSD. Failing that, a faster type 3 microSD slot would have been nice. I must say, though, that even the type 2 slot is fast enough that I don't really notice much lag in launching Unreal Tournament 2004 (the only app I currently have installed on my SanDisk Extreme), though it did take about 30 to 40 minutes to complete the 5 Gb install.