just got my Venue Pro 11

Discussion in 'Dell' started by yb8438, Nov 20, 2013.

1. T3CK

T3CK Pen Pal - Newbie

I received just now my 8GB/256BG 7130, ordered on November 8th 2013 (Dell Canada).
    I'll be playing with it and let you know if I find any issues.

2. cmergel

cmergel DBA by trade.

My favorite 5 words. On FedEx Vehicle For Delivery

3. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you don't my asking, how did you get that model with the 8GB RAM? I've called into Dell twice and also chatted with online reps. None of them have said that the 8GB model is available for order in Canada. (The lairs!)

4. 11orpeunevlled

11orpeunevlled Pen Pal - Newbie

I been testing the 5130 all day. So far I have none of the problems people are having with WiFi, screen flickering, keyboard disconnecting, ghosting, etc.. MS Office was already installed, no bloatware, no mcafee. Even Firefox scrolling is smooth. It's perfect! I am really happy with it!

5. dsf3g

dsf3g Pen Pal - Newbie

Pretty much my experience, too with the 5130. I had some early issues with Wi-Fi but they cleared up. The screen flicker is there, I have noticed it once or twice, but it is so subtle that I haven't bothered implementing the fix. But basically, this machine's been rock solid for the last few weeks. Putting this out there so those who are having issues don't lose hope. It is possible to get a machine that "just works."

crashsuit likes this.
  6. next_milenium

next_milenium Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm assuming you don't have battery drain issue during connected standby? How do you wake up your tablet from connected standby? Power button or windows button? Thanks.

7. ettescott

ettescott Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone explored the possibility of replacing the WiFi card in the 5130 atom version? I've seen discussion on WWAN but not on the WiFi-Bluetooth card. Thanks!

8. rushmore69

rushmore69 Scribbler - Standard Member

Same feedback with me, exception of Mcafee- it was on mine but removed and went to AVG. The memory taken up by Mcafee is ridiculous for a device with 2GB ram.

9. D4rk_nVidia

D4rk_nVidia Pen Pal - Newbie

My 5130 is running perfect! No standby battery drain or something.
    Sometimes I wake up with the windows button and sometimes with power button.

Only my touchscreen has an problem but Dell want to fix that :D

10. ettescott

ettescott Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't seen anyone post about microSD performance yet. I'm only getting 20MB/s sequential read and write using a 64GB SanDisk Extreme Plus (rated for up to 80MB/s). I'm definitely regretting dropping $100 on the module, and planning on returning it and getting something cheaper and rated for closer to 20MB/s. Anyone had any success getting decent speeds out of their microSD? Thanks!