just got my Venue Pro 11

Discussion in 'Dell' started by yb8438, Nov 20, 2013.

1. eiscool

eiscool Pen Pal - Newbie

who did confirm that?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

2. ChrisM

ChrisM Pen Pal - Newbie

Another question for the i5 Venue:

Is it possible to select in the Intel driver the 4K resolution for a external display? It should support it at 24 Hz.

Dell is currently launching 4K displays and there are some other cheap TVs that should work well as PC display.

3. ettescott

ettescott Pen Pal - Newbie

Any keyboard for a sub 14inch device is not going to be ideal for lots of typing. Quick emails and the like, they do fine, but typing for minutes on end they can get rather tiring. I personally wanted a windows tablet and the keyboard dock was an addon for me. I'm glad I got it though because its nice to have the extra battery life and it also has a variable hinge which has been useful.

4. jyan_osu

jyan_osu Scribbler - Standard Member

Having typed a ton on two ASUS Transformer tablets I've gotten used to the smaller keyboard. The smaller convertibles are my main tool to cover conventions and it didn't take me too long to get used to typing on it for long periods of time. I'm moving away from the Transformers an going with the Venue 11 Pro now so I can do Photoshop and Premiere work at the shows and not have to wait til I get home to do it. Now I'm able to sit a half hour or an hour between meetings and be able to write up my appointments without any troubles.

It isn't for everyone though and it does take a little effort to get comfortable with it.. but it can be done :)

5. ettescott

True. I've done weekend coding binges on my Microsoft Mobile 6000, and not once did my fingers complain. It's a compact Bluetooth keyboard with a slightly ergonomic design. Its has a bit more length to it that any 10" keyboard, so it wont fit in a small bag only large enough for a tablet, but it's just the right size to slip into a backpack or messenger bag. I don't mean to get off topic but someone might find it useful.

6. Flea0

Flea0 Pen Pal - Newbie

hello, does anyone know where I can find an extension cord for the power adapter? the plug detaches showing something that looks like a c5 plug but doesn't look industry standard... [​IMG]

7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...does anyone know where I can find an extension cord for the power adapter?..>>

...An IEC C5 plug might fit, but that cut-out between the two power contacts looks like it might be longer than the standard C5 configuration. You may just have to try it and see. If you don't have a cord handy (perhaps from another electronic device?), CyberGuys sell a variety of AC cords with different connectors and lengths, including the C5:

Computer Parts, Cables and Hard to Find Computer Accessories - Cyberguys.com

10 foot, 6 foot, and one foot cords:

http://www.cyberguys.com/product-search/?keyword=c5

8. ettescott

It IS a standard clover power cord connection (c5?). I'd already read that on a review, but I also stole a cable from another laptop charger and it works fine.

9. Flea0

Flea0 Pen Pal - Newbie

so the standard clover connector fits? that's a relief, especially comsidering how woefully short the power cable is.

PS I come from an ipad and I am making a simply impossible amount of typos with the W8 onscreen keyboard...is that happening to others as well? I used to be able to type at near dictation speeds with only a few typos but now I'm putting multiple typos in a single word the instant I try to speed up.

10. Schnuerschuh

Schnuerschuh Pen Pal - Newbie

Can someone Monitor the mW Rate with BatteryInfoView or BatteryBar, of the i5 or i3 Version at watching Movies and web surfing.