just got my Venue Pro 11

Discussion in 'Dell' started by yb8438, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximum360

maximum360 Pen Pal - Newbie

That's entirely my issue with the current Baytrail models. 4 GB RAM would work as would 128 GB storage capacity. I'm hoping in the new year Dell might have some options like this available or that someone else with step up with some comparable products.

2. Hendrickson

Hendrickson Scribbler - Standard Member

I found that with my T100ta biggest let down is the eMMC speeds. 50 write and 100+ read is fine. But when moving 1080p movies to and from the system to a fast sandisk 64GB xtreme USB flash drive its painfully slow. Second the 2GB ram can be an issue, but you learn to close down apps and chrome tabs etc before launching say PS CS6. But I'm not sure Dell would even add a baytrail with 4GB and 128GB.

For that they want people that want a faster SSD to get the i core models. So I'm afraid from a marketing point of view its not going to happen with Dell.

crashsuit likes this.
  3. chris_van_vel

chris_van_vel Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry guys for writing so late! Finally I have my full review of the bay trail version online:

[video=youtube;f4QxjzGNq60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4QxjzGNq60[/video]

Didn´t get the Core i5 Version this week :-/ I hope it will come next week, then I´ll make a comparison to the bay trail version and also Surface Pro 2. If it won´t come next week, I just can make a comparison at the end of the january, cause I have to fly to Vegas (CES :) ).

But the comparison between the Venue 11 Pro 5130, HP Omni 10 and Surface Pro 2 will come in the following days :)

4. medic002

medic002 Pen Pal - Newbie

Would anyone mind measuring the diameters of the tablet closed in the keyboard dock? the one with the extra battery life. I am concerned by the size but I am really interested in the tablet.

5. chris_van_vel

chris_van_vel Pen Pal - Newbie

It´s about 2.1cm or 0.82 inches! Hight isn´t the problem, its more the weight with about 1,5kg. But anyways it gives you a great battery extension and a very good keyboard. So if you don´t worry about the weight I would just get it!

WP_20131226_22_54_55_Pro.jpg

PS: It was measured with the VP11 Bay Trail Version ;)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    crashsuit likes this.
  6. jaca

jaca Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me if Office licence is included when we buy Dell Venue 11?
    I've got mine a week ago and I didn't find anything regarding Office on my tablet or in the box.
    So I'm a little bit confused because I saw some reviews and people were mentioning that Dell Venue comes with Office for Home and Office licence.

Thanks in advance for help!

7. medic002

medic002 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, very kind of you! Well my current laptop is 1.5kg without the charger and 33mm thick, so this should be a lot more slimline. Are the different versions different sizes?

Out of interest, I only really want this to use big microsoft word documents, watch films and play the occasional online flash game - in your opinion is the bay trial version sufficient to cover those needs for a year or two?

8. wishkc

wishkc Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, there should be a small envelope with the Office key.

9. panzer06

panzer06 Pen Pal - Newbie

There was no such envelope in my i5 model 7130. Is this something that only comes with the model 5130?

Cheers,

10. wishkc

wishkc Pen Pal - Newbie

As far as I know the i5 model doesn't come with Office