Just got an x41, what now?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Brian, Jan 31, 2006.

1. elee121

elee121 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey everyone this site has been really helpful to me in my search for a tablet and I've finally ordered a x41 to arrive in about a week. I was just wondering, what now?

What are some of your guys' favorite programs? I'm a high school student in BC calc and it'd be cool to have some 3d model generator or general math programs.

Is there bloatware or anything I should worry about? What are some simple settings I can adjust to make my laptop as quiet and powerful as possible?

What accessories like scanners or screen protectors are good or necessary?

Will an external harddrive for my music and movies and games or whatnot improve the loading speed?

In general, what would you do yourself?

Thanks everyone and I'm looking foward to your answers.

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I would take a look at Microsoft OneNote and Evernote. Either application is a must for most every tablet user. You can download trials and read up on features so you are familiar with these apps. when your X41 arrives.

3. elee121

elee121 Pen Pal - Newbie

I got a package that included one note with it. My main questions are about any bloatware or about using an external hard drive to improve performance. Can anyone shed some light on these topics please?

4. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Lenovo doesn't use much bloatware, there are probably only a few things you might want to remove. As to an external drive, you may pick up some speed, but it really doesn't take long to load a song, so I don't really see a benefit here. Plus you give yourself another thing to cary around, which defeats the purpose of an ultra port anyway.