just bought my tx2510us and some questions

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by aspirina, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aspirina

aspirina Pen Pal - Newbie

hello my friends, i bought today my tx2510us and I'm complaining about the pen!!! i cannot use it in touch mode only pressing??? i need always press the button to use it??? and in the package it comes with a silver ring and some black sticks, for what i use it??? and always when i aproximate the pen to the screen it got clicked, have a way to fix it???

thanks

julian

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

the ring is to change the nibs, the "sticks" are nibs for your pen.

You should only need the button on the side for right click type functions. You might want to try reinstalling the drivers for the pen from HP, or getting the wacom tablet pc pen software directly from wacom and installing it.

3. aspirina

4. timothyb

timothyb Pen Pal - Newbie

In another thread someone said to use the HP Wacom drivers because using the regular Wacom drivers might cause the tablet to lose touch with fingers. Not saying it will happen, but don't rush too fast to that and end causing more issues.

So when you hover the pen over the tablet, just before touch the screen. Does the cursor, which usually changes to a dot, start following the pen, even when not touch the screen?

Normally using the button on the side does a right click, which would make using it difficult for most tasks.

If the hovering does work, is it just when you tap the screen or drag that it doesn't respond? With any amount of pressure? And it has the tip in the pen right? That's what all those black sticks are, but one should be pre-installed in the pen. The ring thing is just a clever way to pull the old one from the pen if it ever shows any wear. So there is a little black tip sticking out from the pen right?

Also, does the eraser end do anything?

5. aspirina

at the pen i have two sides the eraser and the black stick!!! what side should i use to touch the screen with both or only the one with the eraser???

6. DRTigerlilly

you don't click the buttons while writing, they are function buttons, for specific thing.

haven't used the tx2500 long enough, so don't remember what both buttons are for, but one will be for right click, you can find out what the other one is for soon enough.

Again don't hold the buttons while writing, and you should be all good.

7. Robtang

Robtang Scribbler - Standard Member

The pen that comes with the TX series only has one button, defaults to right click.

It erases ink in the applications that support it (tip/onenote/journal), or its normally bound into to the eraser tool graphics apps.

its just a quick shortcut so you dont have the click an eraser tool/button.

8. aspirina

Always when I aproximate the pen throw the monitor it it is alredy clicked (left button) are this correct???

and other stuff is if i touch the monitor with the pen it should be click or write something???

9. DRTigerlilly

when the pen touches the screen in windows it is to click, if you use the pen in Journal/Onenote or in the Tablet Input Panel, then you have functionality to write.

10. aspirina

That is the point when i touch the windows screen with the pen nothing happens, only when i touch with the eraser side i can open icon's and other stuff's I've alredy changed the ribbon and nothing happend!!! this is probably a problem on my pen???

thanks

julian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.