just bought another slate for $100

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by beman39, Apr 16, 2013.

1. beman39

beman39 Pen Pal - Newbie

but the screen is cracked, anyone have a spare screen to sell me? lol I looked on ebay but they're asking $189.99... that's crazy! so I was hoping someone had 1 laying around?

2. beman39

beman39 Pen Pal - Newbie

incase anyone is wondering this comes with 2 power adapters (not 1) leather protective case and dock and stylus and so far I found a digitizer for $80 on ebay

3. beman39

beman39 Pen Pal - Newbie

ha! so I got my slate 2 yesterday and checked out the screen and it has a crack diagonally across and non responsive...so I figured I would connect it to my tv in my bedroom and use it to stream some Netflix and mild surfing the net, then eventually get a new screen and replace it and it will be like brand new! other than that its in mint shape!

4. beman39

beman39 Pen Pal - Newbie

update: sent in my slate to hp and they fixed it for me under warranty, only took 6 days to get it back! was very surprised at how fast it took! now I got 2 working slates! might give it too the wife to play with lol

dceggert likes this.
  5. benroveno

benroveno Pen Pal - Newbie

Dude, if you want to get a great slate with affordable price tag, you can try HP Slate 7 Extreme. It's really powerful with Tegra 4 SoC and it has stylus plus great stylus touch response technology thanks to Tegra 4. You can also play almost any games on Google Play Store and Tegra Zone on this tablet.

6. IsaacKuo

IsaacKuo Pen Pal - Newbie

That seems to go for around $200, or twice as much as the budget discussed here.

7. benroveno

benroveno Pen Pal - Newbie

I know. HP Slate 7 Extreme costs $199, but with that price, you'll get anything that you want from a great tablet. So i believe that price is totally worth it. There is also HP Slate 7 Plus that costs lower than that, $150, but you'll only get Tegra 3 and no stylus. But i think this tablet is more than enough to accommodate your needs everyday. I'm actually planning to get HP Slate 7 Extreme in the near future because i'm gonna need to do some daily editing on my articles, which requires me to do it every single day. With the stylus provided on this tablet, i think i'm gonna find it really handy for everyday's works.