JUST BE HAPPY

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by dstrauss, Apr 2, 2019.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

That thing is AWESOME - I didn't even know such a thing existed - $1200 :eek:

2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Damn.

Half of my loud wood working projects seem to happen at 3 AM. That thing would be great!

WillAdams and doobiedoobiedum like this.
  3. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Steve S and thatcomicsguy like this.
  4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

This is actually a Happy Report out of disappointment.

The Galaxy Book 12 Heavy (8gb/256gb; "GB12H") has become the go to, come back to, winner of the past 24 months. Every time I stray I always end back up with GB12H - EVERY TIME: Surface Pro 5 LTE; Surface Go LTE; Spectre Folio; Spectre x360; iPad Pro 11; Surface Book 2 - it is ALWAYS the same - I end up right back here where I started. In fact, the ONLY unhappy thing about the GB12H is lack of 4g LTE - because I have learned in spades that built in LTE is always (for me) faster and more reliable than tethering (which I am doing at this very moment). Burns through my iPhone X battery as well.

So I keep wandering in the wilderness for either a more powerful device; LTE device; or both. I stray into Apple territory constantly, because of my love of LTE, magazines, and iTunes movies, but then want to smash it against the wall when I have to do something real with it, like juggling multiple attachments from multiple emails.

So, my happy spot (for today) is my GB12H supplemented by the iPad Mini 5 - because the iPM5 forces me NOT to try the heroic stuff on its tiny unit - stick to note taking, reading emails, iMessages, and consuming content - and stick to the GB12H for real work.

If Samsung only had a single brain cell left, they'd go Intel and unlocked LTE in the GB12H body, S-Pen, and add a SKU for 16gb/512gb, and declare victory...

5. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'd buy such a machine in a heartbeat if only Microsoft would relent on crippling the stylus in Fall Creators Update and later.

6. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Many of us are hoping against hope for just such a Galaxy Book Pro...

Which our resident insider @desertlap assures us is coming "soon"...right? Right? RIGHT?!!! :confused::D

WillAdams likes this.