joint traces when writing fast

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by pechorin, Nov 17, 2008.

1. pechorin

pechorin Pen Pal - Newbie

hi!
    when i write fast in my tx2550, many times the new trace joins to the earlier, making a stupid line between them.
    does have anyone else this problem? it makes very uncomfortable the writing in any program (also the drawing) does anyone know how to olve it?

thanks!

2. chihping

chihping Pen Pal - Newbie

3. pechorin

thanks for replying

not always... the problem is, for example, when i write "i" instead of a dot, there appears a line joinin both. i am sorry, i dont have the computer right here and i cant put a real example, but i tried to imitate.

so i presume i am the only one, i am glad to know it can be fixed and i just need to look for the solution.

but if anyone could help, that would be good, i dont have any idea

Attached Files:

• i.PNG
      i.PNG
      File size:
      2 KB
      Views:
  4. Jor-dan

Jor-dan Tablet-Loving Student

your pen may be sticking... try a new pen tip? Or try blowing some compressed air up inside the pen tip cavity.

5. pechorin

thank you, i will try it, but i am not sure because it happens just in some applications, actually, the only one when it works okej is the "tip" there it works perfect but i have the problen in all the other ones (one note, desktop ink, photoshop...)

6. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

I think I know what's happening.

When you move the cursor with your pen do you see the pen cursor? (dot) or the mouse cursor? (arrow)

This happened to me when I had a TX1000z, that model doesn't have a wacom digitizer, just the touchscreen. Your computer might not be enabling the wacom digitizer and just using the touchscreen.

Try uninstalling your wacom drivers and installing the ones from the HP support website.

7. pechorin

hmm... well, i dont have the computer right here, bu t i remember i see the pen cursor in ink desktop and the brush cursor in photoshop.

so, have i to renounce to wacom drivers for this? any other solution?

anyway, i will try just to see if that solves the problem.

thank you

8. Draven

Draven Pen Pal - Newbie

It's your double-click distance setting. I was having the same issue and this fixed it. Essentially, with you writing so fast your multiple hits start registering as a double click, but then the computer realizes you're trying to write instead, but ends up forgetting to differentiate the two traces.

I'm trying to remember which direction to change the distance, and I want to say to make it shorter, IE, needs a faster double-tap to enable double-click.

*EDIT:: I just looked up my thread on the same question, and the answer I got was the reduce the double click distance to the middle value. I remember I had had it all the way to the longest distance. Doing this completely fixed my problem, and should for you as well.

9. pechorin

thank you very much, it completely solves the problem. i had the distance to the maximum, so i could guess i needed to do it shorter :)

thank you very much to every other answers too

10. kapblp

kapblp Scribbler - Standard Member