Italics recognized in epub in native reader?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by niftytablets, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niftytablets

niftytablets Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

I've been thoroughly enjoying my Eee Note (EA800), though I've not had as much time with it as I wish due to being so busy. :( I've run into a weird issue with the native reader: It does not seem to render italics in epub files generated by Calibre (I don't think I've seen it render italics in any epub). Are others observing this problem as well?

I am using FW 1.0.14.118. I have not installed any custom apps, fonts or anything. My epubs are being read from the external SD card.

Thanks in advance for any input!
    :)

2. niftytablets

niftytablets Pen Pal - Newbie

I think I have figured out what the problem is. Some of my epubs did not have a font-family defined in the css and apparently the reader in the Eee Note needs that to be defined in order for it to apply an italics to a word. E.g.,:
    Code:
    body{font-family:'Times New Roman','serif';}
    Also, even though I believe it is permissible in CSS to not put quotes around a font-family that is one word, the native reader seems to require that quotes be around EACH font-family (in other words, not having quotes around "serif" above will cause the reader to ignore the css).

I hope this helps someone else some day. I spent several hours today troubleshooting this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.