Issues I have with the new T902

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by snowdensity, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowdensity

snowdensity Pen Pal - Newbie

I have gotten a T902 just a day ago and here are some issues I'm not sure if you guys have run into also but if you guys guys have solutions please help me fix it

1. the touchpad, I've been using mac and used to mac touchpad the T902 touchpad is a nightmare. Not only it goes reverse direction when scrolling with two fingers it also lags and skips.
    for example, i would be scrolling down a page and all of a sudden it would stop scrolling and 2 seconds later it would jump to mid page then end of the page top of the page etc. it would zoom too sometime

2. Not sure how to scroll on touch screen.....like when im in chrom looking at saved websites since there isnt a bar to scroll it when i press the down arrow it goes all the way to the bottom....and same with top...so there is about 20 links i cant click when in this mode......not a big deal but would be nice if you guys know how i can do this

3. its 5 point touch....thought its 10 but its just five, is it possible to have it built as 10?

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

1. I've had this happen. Go to your settings within the synaptics control panel to reverse it. The lag I'm not sure about, perhaps a bad driver. Are you using Windows 8 or 7?
    2. I just drag my finger and it scrolls down a page flawlessly. Do you have multi-touch and gestures ticked in the touch control panel? Are you using Chrome "touch edition"? I don't, and I found it a nightmare. regular chrome should scroll fine.
    3. Something isn't right. I was pretty sure ALL T902's use 10 point multi-touch. Mine is, and so is everyone elses in here. I can drag all 10 of my fingers in paint, and all draw a line. (Can't figure out why I would ever need to use 10 at once, but whatever) Perhaps you need to re-install a driver, update a driver.

Can you give us a few more details? Windows 8 or 7, what version of driver you used, have you gone through the setting on your touchpad driver and on the wacom touch /windwos touch settings?

3. snowdensity

I have win 8 64 bits
    i7-3520M
    16 GB ram
    and it says its 5 touch point when I look in PC info

it doesnt have an option in the multi-touch gesture settings to change point touch :(

and no I am not using chrome touch edition lol i dont even know about it but i might try it

I also dont think I have the synaptic touch settings.....
    Did you buy yours from the official website?
    I feel like I am getting mine from a complete different place and its just a nightmare....

4. snowdensity

Actually I was able to get to the synaptic settings but it doesnt help the problem a bit.... it still lags and skips when i try two finger scroll
    and the company is just terrible at customer services

5. stoneseeker

Do some lurking in the windows 8 forum, and do a search on windows 8 in these forums. I think the new OS is causing 90% of your issues.

There is an updated driver/firmware if I recall correctly that fixes the 5 point multitouch problem in Windows 8. You definitely have 10 like the rest of us.
    Try uninstalling the Synaptics touch driver and re-installing the most recent one off Fujitsu's driver page for your 64bit win 8. It may be a common problem in windows 8 though, I'm not sure.

If you post some of these questions in windows 8 forum you may get more answers too

6. Zero

Zero Scribbler - Standard Member

Most of the bad user reviews on the T902 are due to Windows 8.

7. stoneseeker

It may also have something to do with the T902 coming out previous to Windows 8, and the win7 drivers simply being rehashed and/or modified for the new OS. This first round of windows 8 machines do seem to be plagued with issues when using the new OS... annoying.

8. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

Are you agreeing now that Fujitsu Lifebook T902 has problems when running on any of the two operating systems?Both windows 7 and windows 8 ?

9. stoneseeker

no. Your struggling to understand these posts I think.

I am saying T902 is made to work with windows 7, and does so very well.
    It's possible some of these driver issues some people are experiencing with win8 are a direct result of T902 not being a machine BUILT for windows 8. However, as far as I know, none of the issues facing the T902 in windows 8 are any worse than the many issues all the new systems are facing with win8 as well.

That's why I still suggest windows 7 for the T902. It seems as though windows 8 is still too buggy...

10. monkey13

monkey13 Scribbler - Standard Member

Took finally the plunge and upgraded to a T902. It's all in all a superb machine well worth its price.
    However I have the same problem as snowdensity, that it only shows 5 point multitouch. I couldn't find a solution in the W8 subforum here. Not that I can imagine many situation in which I need all 10 fingers on the screen, but it could point to another problem: sometimes I loose touch & pen. It just happens randomly and comes back either by itself (magic?) or only after a reboot. Also the screen symbol that appears on the right charms bar is sometimes with a small lock symbol on it, but I can still use touch.
    Anyone knows an answer to this?
    I'm running W8pro x64, wacom touch driver 7.1.0-10
    I'll try to update the driver and see what happens, but it's odd.
    Edit: updated the wacom driver, now it's 7.1.1-16, but it seems definitely a 5 point touch panel, tested it also in paint.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.