Is Your Tablet PC Safe? MySpace.com Banner Ad Infects One Million Computers!

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Barry J. Doyle, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

subq gave you an accurate analysis in post 9 above.

I will stress again from my post 8 above; whilst I can understand anyone wanting to save money on software, indeed there are some titles that work and perform far superior than pay for and over the top titles.

However, when it comes down to the safety of your machine there simply can not be any compromise.
    I personally would only recommend using the very best that is currently available.

As to what kind of setups do others use...
    Besides NOD32 and a hardware firewall, my other leading safety programs are:- Spyware Doctor and Windows Defender, with emphasis on Spyware Doctor.
    You'd be surprised just how many attacks/cookies/etc creep in.
    SP tackles and deletes all.
    As such, with NOD32 & SD on their own I feel confidently safe.
    The others help to make up the numbers.

Final tip:
    Only ever have one VC running but you can have as many spyware programs as you like (resources and memory permitting obviously) :)

2. subq

subq Pen Pal - Newbie

Since NOD32 started scanning for spyware/malware, I have uninstalled pretty much all the other anti-spyware stuff.

Protection is critical but system speed is very important and NOD32 takes care of it all. :)

3. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

which software does microsoft use? and even so, microsoft monitors their computers very closely. When I was in an online high school we used norton and the computers could be remotely controlled from Callifornia or Kentucky and they never got any problems. Microsoft would undoubtedly have even tighter security in terms of what goes on an what doesn't. In my eSchool emails would come in incomplete if there was a threat in them. nothing could be downloaded except from the school webpage. screens were scanned regularly so the teachers and security personel could see if you were doing anything bad. and this was done on about 10000 computers

4. subq

subq Pen Pal - Newbie

kind of irrelavent what microsoft uses...microsoft's products have been hacked 1000 times over...just because they are big doesn't make them better than a company that isn't as big

they did buy out a pretty good AV company and they are releasing it as their own...I believe it is still in beta though

the security measures and solutions you are talking about do not require the use of microsoft

5. Fido

Fido Scribbler - Standard Member

Firefox is the best anti-virus program I have ever used ;).
    Why fix the problem after the fact when you can tackle it from the source?

6. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think your getting confused a little here Fido.

7. Fido

Fido Scribbler - Standard Member

Well it's an IE security flaw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.