Is your R1F like this?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Fido, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melony

melony Pen Pal - Newbie

So I just got mine (YAY) like two days ago after extensive research and deliberation (not.. the r1f is just too cool ;)) and I've been cramming like crazy on it and I've noticed two things which may or may not be a problem. I'm just wondering if all of yours are like this too.

1) Is your wacom layer the same texture throughout? Mine's not, it's totally smooth in the middle and kind of has a rough-ish two inch border around. Is that normal? And

2) THe black pastic casing for the screen seems to be coming off the silver in the middle on both sides (i.e. I can push in and it seems to be coming off more... *sigh*)

So those would be my two concerns. If they indeed are problems then I'd need to bring the tablet back and soon... but I don't really want to.. seems I've grown rather attached =D. Any input would be well appreciated. Thanks!

2. cjatkinson

cjatkinson Pen Pal - Newbie

where did you buy it? My R1F doesn't have anything like you described, although it had a few scratches on the lid when I received it.

3. Bogie

Bogie Pen Pal - Newbie

nothing like that on mine
    I like the color from the screen so much.

4. Fido

Fido Scribbler - Standard Member

I think all the R1Fs have the flex on the plastic border around the screen. It doesn't seem to decrease the integrity of the tablet, but it is annoying when resting my hand on it. I have no inconsistency in the wacom texture.

5. melony

melony Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks cjatkinson, bogie, and fido for your replies.

It appears as if the flex is the norm on R1Fs.. ah well, nothing can be too perfect I guess. So nobody has problem writing on the edges? Darn.

Cjatkinson - I bought mine at Computrak in Richmond, this computer supplies place that my brother's used before. Why?

Bogie - awww.. scratches? I feel for you. I have this white smudge on the side but I'm pretty sure if I keep rubbing at it, it'd come off. There, off. Haha. At least you don't have a wacky wacom layer...

Fido - It is indeed very annoying. I just hope it just sqeak (that doesn't look right) later on. :rolleyes:

6. vaston.day

vaston.day Pen Pal - Newbie

I am actually surprised that this is the only thing you are worried about. I needed to put an additional GB of memory into it to be happy. If you want it to function at its best, you need to invest in a gig or half a gig extra. The difference is VERY obvious. it will make it run like new. :p

7. deepak

deepak Scribbler - Standard Member

Melony, about the black plastic think aground the screen, it does have some flex, but it is not coming out of the silver thing in my case. I think i also haven't heard anyone on this board say that in their case the black plastic cover is coming out, they are also reporting about just the flex. So, i think you should check out your R1f.

8. jinobi

jinobi Pen Pal - Newbie

After I dropped my R1F, the black plastic cover did come off. I just popped it back in, and problem solved.

9. Fido

Fido Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow, that would be very scary. It's good to hear that everything worked fine after that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.