Is there any Wacom emr (tech 2) pen out there with two side buttons?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tonitti, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm referring to the Wacom tech compatible with the Samsung Tabs and Notes, Zbook X2 or the upcoming Samsung Book Flex.

I bought the very expensive Zbook X2 pen for using on my Tab S3 and it works fantastic, It works better than my (old) Cintiqs and Intuos ones, the parallax is non existent. But I constantly miss not having a second side button. I use one for color picking and the other one to change brush size (in Paint Tool Sai for example).

So does anyone know if it exists a pen with two side buttons? I have searched a lot but so far I have found none.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  2. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

From the pics, it looks like it only has one button unfortunately. :(

(UberGizmo)
    [​IMG]

The Dell Canvas is UD EMR gen 2 and has two side on the pen (but lacks an eraser):

(ParkaBlogs)
    [​IMG]

@thatcomicsguy reported it can drop strokes (but I haven't noticed the issue so far). From my usage it's a decent pen, though the nib/pressure curve still feels better on my old Fujitsu T5000 pen and the Galaxy Book S-pen.

Lilawyn likes this.
  3. Tonitti

Damn, thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for! The eraser would be the icing of the cake but I'm not missing it much nowadays, the extra side button is more important for me. I will watch again the old Dell Canvas videos, I missed the detail that the pen had two buttons.

PD: does the pen problems you mentioned happen on other tablets and not just on the Dell Canvas?

Thank you Marty.

4. Tonitti

Sorry I said that I thought the Samsung laptop had a pen with two buttons, I meant the Acer ConceptD 7 pen. In this screenshot the pen seems to have two buttons, but I might be wrong:

[​IMG]

Also, here's the video link:

Marty likes this.
  5. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I believe @thatcomicsguy only tested the Dell pen on the Canvas, but you'd have to ask him for more details.

Tonitti likes this.
  6. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I tried two copies of the Dell pen. They both dropped strokes, but not until I'd used them for a few hours. They worked great out of the box, then quickly degraded. Now they're both fail sticks. It was a quality control problem. Now I use an old Penabled stylus on the Canvas, and it works fine. -It's not as sensitive as the Dell pen, but it doesn't drop strokes. I don't mind having to push harder so long as the thing puts down a line!

I can't recall if I tried the Dell pen on other devices. I could give it a shot and let you know, but I'll have to do some digging around first.

WillAdams, Lilawyn and Tonitti like this.