is there a way to turn tx2500's blue leds off?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by R1C47, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kanehi

kanehi Scribbler - Standard Member

The blue lights serves a function and thus are integrated with the program or hardware that's accessing it. Blue-tooth on, Wi-fi on, HDD drive being accessed, Media buttons got pushed, etc. If you're watching a movie and it bothers you then just temporarily cover with a small black round adhesive label. If you really want it off then you have to cut the wires or access the LED and then cover from there. I don't know of any software that can selectively turn off the blue lights.

2. Cadaeic

Cadaeic Scribbler - Standard Member

While this is true, it would be nice if HP's QuickPlay optionally turned off the LEDs while a movie was playing.

3. ScotchtapeLoser

ScotchtapeLoser Scribbler - Standard Member

I dont think HP is able to have a software solution to the lights being on. I think the power for the button lights is hard wired to be on all of the time instead of a program based controller.

1. the lights are on even if you do not have the hp button software installed
    2. Disabling the USB hubs have do not turn the lights off.

the only solution is to either cover them up, or hard wire a switch...

4. Cadaeic

Cadaeic Scribbler - Standard Member

Hrm, you have a good point... but it makes me wonder about the orange LEDs for mute and wireless... These are obviously software-controlled. I think it would be a silly mistake that the blue LEDs are hardwired.

5. BerkleyJ

BerkleyJ Pen Pal - Newbie

The orange LEDs may also be hardwired the the corresponding switch, ie mute or wireless. Well, now that I think about it, my old HP wifi light was orange when I turned it on even if the switch was in the on position. So, Yeah, Cadaeic has a point which I also stated earlier.

6. jomodad

jomodad Pen Pal - Newbie

OK... I am with ya. LEDs away for ya then. I was just curious. I am not sure how much power they burn. I know my Great Uncle who has shot things into space most of his life hates all the displays and worthless lights that glow when they don't need to.

7. dk0r

dk0r (x+7)² ≠ (x²+49)

8. ave0000

ave0000 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've just purchased a tx2500, waiting for it to arrive. On my Gateway M285, you could turn off all of the status lights by hitting Fn+F1. This turned off all of the blue lights on the panel. It is a very nice feature, but I assume the tx2500 doesn't have it.

I don't feel like doing the math for the power, but blue leds are usually in the 3.5v, 20Ma range.

Your best bet is probably the sharpie.

9. Juice

Juice Pen Pal - Newbie

That just brings up the help and support box^ :'(

There must be an answer!

KEEP SEARCHING EVERYONE!!

o_O

Edit:
    fn + esc is kind of neat

10. MioTheGreat

MioTheGreat Pen Pal - Newbie

Blue LEDs typically have a forward voltage of 3.2V at 10-20mA.

So they'll probably be gobbling up something like 40mW of power each (Depending on what kind of ballast they use.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.