Is there a way to make everything bigger when you switch into tablet mode?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by Vogelbung, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vogelbung

Vogelbung Pen Pal - Newbie

Question as title. I'm on X201T's and I'm wondering if there is a program which can make everything more finger-friendly once I'm in full tablet mode.

2. daveyd007

daveyd007 Pen Pal - Newbie

Change your screen resolution to 800 X 600.

3. pmatulew

pmatulew Scribbler - Standard Member

In addition to the manufacturer specific skins (Lenovo SimpleTap), there are multiple options for making text and icons appear larger but they are a global settings that don't change between tablet mode and laptop mode.

Setting your screen to the highest resolution possible and then changing "Set custom text size (DPI)" to 125% is a good start.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  4. Vogelbung

Vogelbung Pen Pal - Newbie

Wish there was a way to downvote posts into oblivion :p

@pmatulew Obviously I've played with the DPI while trying to get the text size right, but it's an on-the-fly change I'm looking for to make all Windows controls more finger-friendly. Lower resolution is not the answer either.

5. tomf80

tomf80 Pen Pal - Newbie

While I don't have the solution, what happens if the registry setting is changed on the fly? Does Windows even notice? Does it require a restart? I was thinking, that if those settings could be adjusted by simply hitting an icon or something it would be fairly trivial to write an autohotkey script to do it. I don't know that it could notice the transition into tablet mode, but one could make it convenient to launch so it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.