Is there a Wacom driver for pen settings on the note 8

Discussion in 'Asus' started by michaelws, Mar 28, 2016.

1. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have brought my little Vivotab note 8 out of mothballs and made a huge mistake. I have a Wacom compatible pen that works with it and I set the pen buttons to control the size of my Corel Painter brush tip and the second button to select color. It worked fine until I tried to download and install a Wacom tablet driver.

It installed okay but I lost all compatiblity with the stylus. Both of them. The default ASUS stylus that fits in the slot and my Wacom compatible one. The tablet wouldn't recognize either.

So I did a system refresh. It wiped all my installed programs off but that was okay as I only wanted Corel Painter on it. So now I have both stylii working but I am not able to set my stylus buttons as I was before. I had some type of Wacom pen control in my control panel before I did the refresh but I cannot remember where I got it.

Can anyone help me out here and point to any links concerning this issue?

Thanks for any help with this.

2. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I checked on the Asus drivers support page for the note 8 and found the Wacom digitizer driver. Funny that I had to install it three times for it to recognize the pen. But it is working and I am a happy camper with my little portable Corel Painter Studio.

3. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member