Is there a use for my old Pocket PC hardware?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Bronsky, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I was going through some old boxes of electronics over the weekend and I came across my old Targus Stowaway keyboard for the Compaq IPAQ that I owned (I still have that as well). I absolutely loved this old keyboard. It has the same action and key size of a full sized KB when opened. I understand that there is a bluetooth version of the stowaway keyboard called teh Amigo by Lapworks. I still have my old HP Slate 500 portable keyboard that works perfectly and have no real need for another one but I hate to throw out perfectly good hardware (it'll probably go back in the box instead of the trash). Any chance that there is an adapter to make this KB a bluetooth for use with an IPad or Windows device?
    [​IMG]

nnthemperor and WillAdams like this.
  2. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

Boy that looks familiar to an old Palm one that my wife had years ago that I've kept. Thinking that surely it could be used again. WP_20210306_15_40_00_Pro.jpg

Marty and Bronsky like this.
  3. nyb72

nyb72 Scribbler - Standard Member

I really liked the stowaway stuff. I wish someone could create an adapter to go from ipaq and palm keyboard connectors to USB, and that would allow for some recycling.

I had a Dell Axim eons ago. I got a compact flash data acquisition bcard for it to read sensors like temperature and pressure. You could easily write a visual studio app for pocket PCs to have the UI for it too. I would still find that useful.

4. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member