Is there a premium tablet for me?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by akt, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akt

akt Pen Pal - Newbie

Sounds really awkward to be honest and limiting in how you use it. At that weight I might as well just buy an ultrabook which would make it more stable to use in my lap.

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Actually the Surface Pro 2 is one of the best solutions for knee computing, the kickstand with a Type Cover 2 is probably the most stable setup available today.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Certainly the heavier slates and convertibles can be used as a tablet, but the convenience and comfort level between them and the thin and light slates is night and day. I used the convertibles for years and the Surface Pro was a huge improvement on that, but unless I need the Pro's power for something I'll reach for the Bay Trail tablet every time. Dropping down to 1.5 lbs or less makes using it much more comfortable. It doesn't sound like he is going to need iCore horsepower for what he intends to do with it.

4. danmingpc

danmingpc Pen Pal - Newbie

The Fujitsu Q584 might be an option

5. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Realistically, at your weight limitation and size requirement there is truly nothing on the market at present the fits your bill except possibly the Fujitsu Q584 which is both expensive and has some quality issues at present, likely to be improved with time. Otherwise you can look at a number of 8" W8 tablets with Bay Trail cpus that have shown to be plenty speedy with W8.1, but each have strengths and weaknesses and nothing on the market will come close to the battery life of your iPad Air. As noted elsewhere, though, you don't state any uses that require Windows x86 so why not just stick with your iPad until a new crop of Windows tablets come out and revisit then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.