Is the TX series one in its class?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Crito, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rahulnirmal

rahulnirmal Pen Pal - Newbie

By that, I mean the series is the only one I have seen classified as a multimedia tablet targeted towards consumers. In fact, its only targeted towards consumers. All other tablet PCs I have seen are targeted towards businesses and professionals. Or are there others like the TX series out there?

I am surprised with the latest TX2500 incarnation, they still have not added HDMI out to it. I have never owned a tablet, but they have caught my eye. The TX series seems the best for me, I just wish they used Intel processors and a much better screen, maybe LED backlit. Its just too dim and grainy for me.

I am interested if the future models may incorporate the ATI XGP technology thats to come out soon and is exclusive to AMD. :)

http://ati.amd.com/technology/xgp/index.html

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

it's the only consumer tablet, and for the price point i think its unlikely it will ever have hdmi (at least not until it becomes common for all laptops to have it)

3. Crito

Crito Scribbler - Standard Member

HDMI and eSATA, like my HP Dragon (HDX9010nr) laptop has, would have made my TX2500z the perfect tablet.

4. DRTigerlilly

your dragon is a top of the line machine....

5. Crito

Only thing that sux is it came with a HD DVD drive and two weeks after I bought it Toshiba said they'd stop making them. :( New version of the Dragon laptop comes with a Blueray drive instead, and the ATI 2600 XT card in it was bumped up from 256 megs (dedicated) to 512. Oh well... if I had just waited a month or two longer....

Anywho, my little tx2500 can do just about everything the dragon does and it's a whole lot easier to carry around. ;)

6. DRTigerlilly

The HDX Dragon is by HP, are you referring to another machine?

7. Crito

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.