Is the T902 the "best" tablet money can buy for digital artists/media professional right now?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Triple_Dude, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubble7

Bubble7 Pen Pal - Newbie

My answer to myself, I finally have to buy a 64 bit recover disc from Fujitsu, $15 each plus tax and shipping!
    I have same problem with the auto rotation, but I'm able to cure it after some search...

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Sorry Bubble, I just downloaded the 64bit windows pro 7 for free (there is links to the official retail copy .iso online from digital river) and activated it with my licence on the bottom of the unit. Then I had to install all the drivers for the T902 manually off the Fujitsu support site. It was kinda easy, but your way although expensive, is easier.
    I thought someone on a different post you made about the same issue already answered this, so maybe you've already seen this option?

3. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

Although Callibration problem as well as Screen rotation is always and continuously present in T902,I can confirm after almost half or one and a Half month of use,that I faced the cursor jump only once or twice for allmost every two weeks and gets corrected after few seconds.Cursor jump was not a very big problem,atleast with my case,in T902.Its frustating ,but may be tolerated since its occasional.:)

Note for new Tablet PC Owners who have confusion:Cursor jump and pen input accuracy/Calibration are completely two different issues.

Side Note:
    And about my refund for T902:I don't understand,why it takes so many days for Fujitsu to refund the money even after T902 is returned back so many days back?I had to pay around 50 -60 percent advance 2-3 months before delivery.

This isn't a good bussiness.Customer is the king.He should should be the first preference.
    I can't wait anymore,if they refund the money within next 6 days,that's OK,Or else I will ask my dad to file a court Case against Fujitsu.Really!!!
    Also,loosing of two MS Office licenses!!!I would need to write to Microsoft to restore the licenses.Is it possible to restore licenses so that I can install again on my new Laptop/Tablet PC?

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  4. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

While I agree that it would be nice if the customer were king, you're dealing with a big corporation. If you told me you got a full 2000$ + refund in less than a month after sending it in, I'd be impressed. Anything less and I'd be amazed. How long has it been?

Also, it would be helpful to make it clearer in your posts that your statements re: the t902 are based on your own experiences, rather than a factual statement about all t902's for all owners. Stoneseeker, for example, just mentioned on the previous page how to fix the screen rotation issue, so it's probably not "always and consistently present", since others have been able to fix it by downloading a driver.

5. Aman

True!I agree with you fully.
    But there are many bad User experiences on Internet which depict the same Callibration and Screen rotation problems with T902.

Its been roughly more than a month or been 1.5 Months.I think.

How can I be so stupid?

I got so so so so so impressed with Brands name globally (Not in India,it is allmost unknown in India with general people),that to save money I neglected all negative comments (related to my requirnment) about Fujitsu LifeBook T902

I searched the Internet very carefully and found that 20 percent consumers were unhappy with old ModBook,99 perecent consumers are happy with ModBook Pro and 80 percent consumers are not happy with Fujitsu LifeBook T902.

Risks are there everywhere,but when many people (NOT Negative reviews from One or two persions and many positive reviews from many persions in a Particular Field.)on Internet spoon feed you about Problems with a product in Common,then you should be better alert.There is no event where you can't take risks.If ù want to minimise risks,its completely acceptable.But if you want to completely eliminate risks,that's allmost impossible.So,its completely justifiable to take a buying risk on an overpriced product whose reviews are so great and doesnot find an equally capable competiton.

What my research also suggests is that Fujitsu's Quality has detoriated in digitiser board after divorce between Fujitsu and Siemens.Is that what you agree?

In ModBook's case,the risk is definately very very very much lesser than buying a Fujitsu product.I have enough You-Tube,FaceBook,Twitter,user interaction evidence to convince myself about ModBook Pro.
    Even the Technical description on ModBook Pro website about Paper like feel and Shielding can be easily noted in You-Tube demo videos.

If someone have less money,don't want big screen,and if processing speed need not be high for him/her???

Then you have lots of great sketching options:

Samsung is great!
    Motion Computing J3600 is great!
    Lenevo's all new ThinkPad 2 is great,although Lenevo's old Penabled products had Callibration problems.But seems to have resolved with Thinkpad 2.
    Tablet Kiosk seems to be quiet OK.

I am seriously interested in Motion Computing,if there's any chance to get a surprise launch of a 13.3 inch screen Tablet PC from Motion Computing with a higher processing speed.I think Motion Computing also offers matte paper like screen surface.

I hope that Motion Computing and Tablet Kiosk should realise that it should also offer a highend computer with 13.3 inch screen.Is anyone from Tablet Kiosk or Motion Computing listening to me and its other consumers.

I have seen many users using Old MotionComputing Tablet PCs for Sketching,also on You-Tube with decent Callibration.

Unfortunately,you don't have any other Wacom Penabled Decent 13.3 inch Tablet PC in the ModBook/T902 Segment.
    Does anyone knows about small Startups making 13.3 inch Tablet Pcs with Stylus?

6. Steve B

Do i agree with your statement that "80% of t902 users are dissatisfied with their product?" Not in the least, honestly. I think Fujitsu is a stellar brand that's pretty much top of the line.

But what I appreciate is that you're letting other readers know that you've done some personal internet-based research, and that based on those opinions you've created a sort of percentage-based assessment that guides your statements. That's enough for me.

There is, of course, no official sort of real research on the subject. So that's that, in truth. Perhaps you should make a thread here with a poll? Then we could have actual empirical evidence to talk about.... HOWEVER, I would just say that experentially, as an active moderator of one of the most active locations on the internet for tablet pc users, the response to the t902 has been overwhelmingly positive, compared to other tablet pcs. Of course, it has it's issues too, but your experience, so far, is the only one I've seen like it. It seems to me that everyone else has been able to either a) fix their problems with better drivers or different OS's, or b) live with them as a common element of imperfection within basically all tablet pc's (for example, re: cursor accuracy being slight off, or not accurate at the edge of the screen, etc), or c) found that they had a bum unit and returned or exchanged it. So far, you're the only person I've bumped into that has felt there were inherent manufactured, consistent, and unreparable problems with the device. That doesn't mean you're wrong, IMO. It just means that your experience seems (to me) to be an outlier.

Of course, there are other posts that note problems. So you're not alone in that. All tablet pc's seem to have their share, and the t902 is like the others, in this regard. So, you're completely right in that. And my opinion, like your opinion, is only based on the amount of info I'm able to find and check. But I would never say, ever, that 80% of t902 users were unhappy. That would be, well.... the complete and total opposite of what it seems that users on this board are reporting.

.....But look-- I don't want to turn this into another thread where you talk about what you didn't like with the t902, and then other people show you why you're wrong, or how you could have fixed those issues, or how all tablet pc's have inherent issues with the digitizer accuracy, and then you would explain how other brands (like the Modbook) would provide better digitizers with greater accuracy, etc. That's all been discussed more than I think anyone here would have wanted to.

You asked if I agreed with your 80% statement, and i wanted to respond with an intelligent and thoughtful response. That's enough for me. :)

We're all allowed to disagree. That's cool.

But please don't turn this into another thread where we talk about what you don't like with the t902, and then talk about what you really want in a tablet pc instead-- like a Modbook, or a Motion Computing tablet, etc. That's really a recommendation thread you're asking for. Or a thread with a poll. For that, I would suggest you make your own, new thread. There, you can notate in one location what you're looking for, and what you don't like. You can note all your research, etc., and it won't feel like you're going OT on other people's threads. That would be what I would suggest.

7. Aman

I really appreciate that we should not change the topic of discussion.But my earlier comments will definately make artist think thrice before spending a huge amount for Fujitsu LifeBook T902.

To dear prospective T902 Owners,please do complete research yourself on various websites/You-Tube and see yourself.
    My intention is not to enforce my decision as your buying decision,but intention is there to guide you and warn about T902 possible problems.

A prevention is better than Cure.

A cheaper product may be good or an expensive product may be good.
    While ModBook may not be a value for money for a group of consumers interested in watching movies or some other stuff,despite its overpricing and despite its serious shortcomings in outdoor screen clarity and Resolution,viewing angles,it definately serves the purpose what's it is intended to do as a Professional Sketching Solution.
    Neither a big brand always produces great products always.However,most of good small brands becomes a very very big brands a few years latter!!!I think,ModBook has a great Potential to become No.1 brand in Sketching tools industry in near Future,only it needs is few upgrades and proper support from its consumers.

Thanks a lot,Steve.
    Go ahead with the Discussion.
    Is T902 is really a Value for Money device?????

ENJOY!!!!!!!
    :)
    :thumbsup:

8. Steve B

Fair enough. :) Thank you Aman. Your opinion is appreciated.

9. Aman

But why,I did got a windows 8 (64-Bit) recovery disc in the box.Didn't you?

10. Aman

Ohh,Sorry,I learnt that you upgraded from windows 32-Bit to 64-Bit.So 32-Bit Backup CD can't be used for 64-Bit application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.