Is the T902 the "best" tablet money can buy for digital artists/media professional right now?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Triple_Dude, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpiralMagus

SpiralMagus Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm also using Windows 8 on my T902 with pressure sensitivity working fine in Painter 12. I have noticed that annoying selection tool bug Shog mentioned though. But painting / drawing has been working fine with the latest digitizer driver from the Fujitsu site. I also installed the Wacom firmware update from Fujitsu - that might help some folks.

Nice! - I think I'm going to try that as my keyboard shortcut solution, using my Nook tablet. Thanks for pointing that out.

2. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

Does it make sense to use Photoshop on Mac OSX instead of using Photoshop on Windows,if I purchase ModBook Pro (modified MacBook) which can come with both Windows 7 and Mac OSX latest version.Will photoshop input accuracy function better on Mac OSX instead of Windows 7.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Firmware update from Fujitsu...???
    Where? Is it only for Windows 8?
    Did it fix the throttling issues when fully loading the GPU? Perhaps the firmware update is what fixed the pen/cursor jump problem. Have you experienced that issue since the firmware update Spiral?

EDIT* sorry, I looked it up and realized it was a firmware update for only the Wacom digitizer. So that is still exciting though. I think it may have addressed the cursor jump issue. For some reason I can download the wacom firmware update, but not the updated windows 7 64 bit Wacom driver as well : 7.1.0-14 I would like to apply the newest Fujitsu wacom driver before updating the wacom firmware... Spiral if you managed to download the newest driver 7.1.0-14 for windows 7 64 bit, do you mind sending it to me, or sharing it somehow? I would love to see if it eliminates the one annoying issue in Windows 7.

4. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

Sorry that I have no idea how the driver performs on Mac OS.

5. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks cleft,
    Anyone else?

I have to purchase student edition softwares in advance to get a discount on 3 softwares.
    If I get to know about this,and If I decide to most probably go with ModBook Pro,I have to know this.
    Although I am hopping for doing a masters degree programme but my B.E. course is completing soon.So I might have to hurry for discounts.

I have to buy photoshop,but I have to choose between Windows version and mac version.

6. SpiralMagus

They must have updated the site with 7.1.0-14 within the past couple of days - because I've still been using 7.1.0-10. So I haven't gotten that latest one installed but I was able to download it easily here (they have it for both Windows 7 and 8): Fujitsu America - Support
    If you still have trouble getting it I could put it on dropbox for you.

Anyway, with with the firmware update and 7.1.0-10 driver I think I was still getting rare cursor jump. I will install the newer driver today and do further testing, maybe that one fixes it.

7. SpiralMagus

Well I just now tried out the new driver (7.1.0-14) - cursor jump is still there. :( Maybe you'll have better luck on Windows 7, stone.

8. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Thanks Spiral, I was able to finally download that driver, Fujitsu kept saying it was unavailable earlier, but now it works fine...
    Have you noticed any improvement with the frequency of the problem since switching to Windows 8 as Shog has? Or have you always had Windows 8?

Also, curious if you often get the cursor jump/lag thingy when the CPU spikes (fan might rev)? I usually get it a lot more often if I am animating with large files. Makes me think the pen is not in high enough priority for resources.

I wonder what the firmware update is for?? Perhaps it was a fix for the ISD-touch-user process that kept eating up memory till it was all huge.

9. SpiralMagus

I installed Windows 8 very shortly after getting the T902 back in late November, so I don't have a lot of comparison experience with 7 vs. 8. And then I didn't get around to using it much for a few months (for unrelated reasons), so I'm only now starting to heavily use it. I would say the cursor issue probably does appear more often during heavy CPU usage. When testing earlier I noticed it pretty frequently as I had just rebooted and Windows was still sorting things out in the background as I painted. I need to test a bit more to definitely confirm that though.

I think it's possible the firmware update might have fixes related to the touchscreen (not the pen), as I think touch is behaving even more smoothly than before. Also, in the system control panel - it now reports full touchscreen support whereas before it would say limited touchscreen support.

10. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I think the cursor jump is either due to the digitizer firmware or some errand program interfering.

Going from 7 to 8 for me eliminated 99.9% of the cursor freakout for me, but I don't think the OS was the deal. It's either the firmware I updated, or somet driver I didn't install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.