Is the T902 the "best" tablet money can buy for digital artists/media professional right now?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Triple_Dude, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, it's still the same scenario. However you might want to make the trade-off if you don't need pressure sensitivity in Photoshop. SBP, Artrage and Onenote still work out-of-the-box with "windows-mode" btw.

2. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

Well,I also tried Sketchbook pro and TV Paint Animation on Fujitsu LifeBook T902 and the pen Callibration problem could be seen there too.
    So in my opinion,both Fujitsu and Wacom were responsible for Bad pen Callibration.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  3. cleft

Just want to clarify, either driver once installed will override the other and govern pen performance in both "wintab-friendly-" and "windows-mode-friendly" applications. Hence switching to SBP or TVPaint when wintab driver is already there doesn't make pen calibration any better.

Anyway chance is it was the manufacturer's fault yet I still believe there should be no differences between tablet pcs powered by Wacom. Perhaps a defect unit?

4. Newveau

Newveau Pen Pal - Newbie

5. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

We need an app for that for sure. I'd pay $2 at leat. Android please.

6. Newveau

Newveau Pen Pal - Newbie

7. Newveau

Newveau Pen Pal - Newbie

8. cleft

9. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Shog,
    Just checking, but you're running Win8, right? And you have pressure sensitivity in PS and Painter, Sai, etc. using the Fujitsu driver? I ask because pretty much only the Samsung S7S and 500T are the only 2 Win8 slates with functioning pressure sensitivity right now. I didn't know that the t902 was working. That's a pretty big selling point, IMO, that would mean a lot to a lot of people. That would put the t902 amongst a heralded (and very tiny) group of fully functioning Win8 tablets/slates.

10. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

So far. I only had the chance to install Photoshop CS3 and Painter 12. Pressure works fine on both with brushes, but Painter 12 has a nasty bug that I just found with 12.2 that does not allow your to use any of the move, transform and other essential tools with the pen or touch. Only the mouse or touch pad works.

I really haven't had the time to fiddle around with the Win 8. Busy enough to just use Journal for sketching to do work (most of my pay work recently has been rough concept sketches with linework). I plan to install the latest Photoshop, SAI, and Sketchbook Pro for extensive testing soon.

I tried to register with Corel to report the damn bug and either their website is broken for registering or their chitty website doesn't work properly with either version of IE10. Someone remind me why I gives these $$holes money for heir buggy software? Oh yeah, I get their sh;t for free because I teach. That's right...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.