Is the T902 the "best" tablet money can buy for digital artists/media professional right now?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Triple_Dude, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Dude, where do you get this stuff? Do you just make it up? All Penabled pens with the exception of Samsung's S-pens and exact same replaceable nib. It wouldn't make difference to performance. It's just a small slug of plastic anyways.

What's far more important is the pen tip assembly, which AFAIK are the same between that Motion pen and other ODM oens. They all require 3 grams of initial pressure and gives you the same feel unless you damage it (which is not that hard to do).

I personally prefer pens with 2 side buttons. The old Axiotron pens were my fav because they were being liquidated on Ebay for about $15, but now I would recommend Fujitsu's ODM pens which have 2 side buttons and can be bought for $50 for pack of 2.

2. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  3. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

So you are telling me, that Motion's nibs are smaller than other nibs? Why don't know take a picture of the motion's nib next to a ruler.

Also, who gives craps about the nib size? No wonder you are obsessed with the calibration. You are still approaching this thing entirely the wrong way. IT'S NOT A REAL F'N PEN. Good lord...

4. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

I haven't got Windows 8 installed but I believe Wintab driver hasn't worked properly on the OS, and almost if not all of the devices you watched on the demo videos were functioning purely on "windows-mode" which explains the accuracy. It's not anything new though since the tweak for precise calibration in "windows-mode" has been there for a long while. The problem is that you have to give up on Wintab-applications, namely Photoshop, Painter or SAI, if you adopt the tweak. In sum, the precision you saw is not due to hardware difference, and it is not Fujitsu but Wacom itself to be blamed for pen accuracy.

5. Newveau

Newveau Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone use the t902 with a stand? Something that rotates would be nice. Probably wouldn't be hard to rig it up to an older cintiq stand?

I'd be pretty interested to know how people sketch/paint on theirs? On their laps, flat on a desk ect..

6. Aman

Stand is available for purchase with ModBook Pro.
    It would definately be nice to have a Stand for T902.

7. Aman

Do you have to also giveup Wintab Tablet Applications like Photoshop in Windows 7???

8. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

All the wacom nibs are the same size. They are interchangeable, with the exception Shog mentioned. There are different types of nibs available that may give a different "feel": felt nib, plastic nib, spring loaded nib... etc. They are all the same little nib, and the nib will not make a lick of difference in this case. It has nothing to do with anything related to cursor offset or accuracy.

9. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Hey Newveau,

I use a basic laptop stand with a decent lip on the bottom that has adjustable angles. It can be used comfortably for drawing on the couch on my lap, or at my desk. It works really well. Just head over to a local staples or Best Buy and open up a few boxes till you find one that will adjust to really high angles and has a big enough lip to support the T902 without slipping. I actually liked the price and adjustments of one that didn't have a big enough lip on the bottom, so I took a piece of thin, stained hardwood and screwed it flush to extend the bottom lip. Looks fancier too!

10. Aman

Yes,it has nothing to do with Cursor offset,but smaller the nib,the more precisely and more easily,the user can work on thin lines,because of better visibility.A smaller nib is great for integrate design/drawing.

Callibration and pen nib size are two different things,should not mix them.

I just answered a question.A newbie unheard of "Wacom Penabled",asked on this thread,which Syluses are compatable with Fujitsu Lifebook T902 and which is the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.