Is the T902 the "best" tablet money can buy for digital artists/media professional right now?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Triple_Dude, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newveau

Newveau Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok very close to ordering now, excited.

What SSD brand would you suggest? I'm thinking of the Crucial M4 512GB ...

The guys at Laptop Authority offered to source all the extra upgrades, including installation and Fujitsu original software image preloaded. ( Whats a 'fujitsu original image' ?)

- Is this a good idea? Would they install the incorrect wacom drivers? (It comes with W7 pro)

Appart from that, I'm ready to order.

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I bought the Crucial M4 512gig and it works freakin' great. So much storage you never gotta worry about it.

Not sure if you would lose money by having them source your upgrades, but if its cheap enough it could save you some hassle (at least with installing the OS onto the SSD). By Fujitsu original image, I am guessing they mean they will include an official backup restore discs that have the installation and boot CDs for re-installing and restoring your OS through your dvd drive. It's less common these days for manufacturers to include them, usually there is just a recovery partition on the HDD. I would get them to clarify that one before going ahead with that. If they are using an official Fujitsu image, then it would certainly have all the right drivers installed. You may need to update a few when you receive your unit... it depends on how current the image they have is.

exciting stuff man! Did you decide on the i5 or i7?

3. Newveau

Newveau Pen Pal - Newbie

I manned up an decided on the i7.
    I'm already using a i5 on my old Macbook pro, can't find out what gen though.
    It's a lot cheaper for them to source all the extras because getting them shipped individually to New Zealand is crazy expensive.
    It comes standard with a 500gb hdd, so I'm also getting the modular harddrive kit along with the extra battery, so if I find out I don't need the extra battery power I can double my storage.

Vibrating with excitement.
    Thanks for all the help bro

4. stoneseeker

no probs! All I ask is a rad illustration post once you get yours! ;)

5. Newveau

Newveau Pen Pal - Newbie

You'll have to suffice with multiple pages of line weight and pressure testing scribbles

6. stoneseeker

haha fair enough.

7. Newveau

Newveau Pen Pal - Newbie

oh one last thing, is there a post/thread anywhere that lists what pens work on the t902? And what the good ones are?
    What's the quality of the default pen?

8. stoneseeker

9. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  10. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

Windows 8 absolutely has no Serious problems with Stylus Callibration.I saw You-Tube videos of Lenevo Thnkpad 2 and Surface Pro showing Sketching demos,and I can say I am extremly impressed with the pen Callibration on Lenevo Thinkpad 2 and Surface Pro.Both Windows 8 powered Thinpad 2 tablet and Surface Pro offer Excellent and decent pen accuracy.

I would say,I am pretty impressed with Windows 8 Pro overall and has exceeded my expectations.
    It was the fault of Fujitsu and not the fault of Microsoft.
    But yes,Windows 8 is not mainly for Non-Touch Laptops or not friendly for use with mouse or trackpad or Keyboard.

So if any one wants to buy a Windows 8 device,please buy a Laptop with a Touch screen and use keyboard only for pressing "Ctrl + Alt + Delete" incase the system stucks.If screen is touch enabled,no need to think whether Windows 7 is better or Windows 8 is better.

If you don't want to operate through Touch,then please buy Windows 7 and do not buy Wndows 8.
    Windows 8 works faster,boots up faster than Windows 7.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.