Is the R1F custmizable and wacom penabled?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Loaf., Oct 6, 2006.

1. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Scribbler - Standard Member

My mistake then, I thought that the models that Asus allows resellers to customize were called white boxes.
    But surely Asus woudl sell other versions of their tablets since their website mentions a variety of different processors for the tablet and they already do sell different versions in other countries. Perhaps they will have only a few models to choose from, but I'm fairly confident that they will have both more expensive, faster tablets than just the 1.66 Core 2 Duo. For those that need faster than 1.66 C2D that is.

2. PROPortable

PROPortable Scribbler - Standard Member

whiteboxes, barebones, whatever you want to call them, they're the same.

In terms of the configurations, that doesn't make for a different laptop... it's still the R1f. And there will not be mulitple configurations of the tablet in North America, because there aren't even mulitple configurations of the notebooks in North America and we've been selling here for five years. The tablet market simply can't support it and apparently Asus feels it also can't support something super high end in configuration either because we all felt Asus was going to bring this over in a model with a retail about $600 higher than it is. If that were the case, this tablet would have a bigger hard drive and a faster cpu. The only problem is everyone said $2,400 would be too high for a tablet to sell.

.... it goes both ways.... you can't have higher spec without high cost... obviously. It's just that some people totally forget that.

3. drdruish

drdruish Pen Pal - Newbie

No, didn't forget, just willing to pay for it and wishing I could. :-(

4. Loaf.

Loaf. Scribbler - Standard Member

well technically u can still pay for it, u'll just be paying with higher costs and no warranty.