Is the Jumper Ezpad 5se good for digital art?

Discussion in 'Artists' started by sunnydayz, Jun 29, 2017.

1. sunnydayz

sunnydayz Pen Pal - Newbie

I really like the price and that it has the kickstand like the surface pro. I want to use Paint Tool Sai on it. How is the pressure sensitivity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aman likes this.
  2. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

Check it out if it's EMR.

If it's EMR, u need to be careful and scrutinise whether EMR works with precision and accuracy on it.
    To my knowledge only Samsung did yet well with EMR on mobile devices.

Also if it's not wacom or N-Ttig , better stay away from it.

And ya if it's Chinese tablet as it seems to be,be cautioned .Only few Chinese brands recently started making quality products,like OnePlus and Huawei.

Also lots of Chinese tablets miss on gorilla glass or equivalent glass so be cautious as I may not suggest you to go with any glass which is not treated for minor accident protection and which doesnot have any resistance against minor dust induced scratches.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    Starlight5 likes this.
  3. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

Now there is new device coming from china- " Chuwi SurfBook".

while I have no idea exactly how is it ,check that too as it's global marketing is quiet heavy for a cheap Chinese 2 in 1 as a quality and cheaper alternative to surface Pro.

I am not suggesting this but helping you to look at other options.

More info here:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/chuwi-surbook-affordable-2-in-1-intel-pc-tablet--3/#/

It seems to come with an active stylus and not EMR,but no idea yet what active stylus it is.

More sensible will be to go with the Asus transformer mini at this extreme budget.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  4. crazycat

crazycat Pen Pal - Newbie

Another user also asked me this question recently so i will copy my answer here:

Yes, the Jumper EZpad 5SE use Wacom EMR, which is compatible with most of the EMR pen around here. It does have some drawback though, so you should read my review to be sure of your decision. Some concern:

-Battery life may last only half the running time of the Asus note 8.

-Do not use the newest Wacom Feel Driver, it will screw up your computer. Try to find an older version from 2016 or something.

-Do NOT install Asus Vivotab Note 8's Feel Driver on any other EMR device. That driver come with the Note 8 exclusive firmware which can make any other EMR system Permanently Unusable.

Also, calibration is really good out of the book, it is one of the more accurate EMR digitizer I owned, and it does work with Sai. You will need to open SAI as admin to get it to run though, and the interface can be frustrating to work with on a 10' display. Attached is a quick doddle and pressure test I did with the EZpad.

Edit: I dont think it's a good idea to get the Chuwi, they mainly use Goodix digitizer, which I used to have a device with it. It is terrible.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    alsmith, Aman and Starlight5 like this.
  5. alsmith

alsmith Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the info about the Asus driver.
    Do you have a link to a drivers that do work? Which driver(s) do you use/recommend?

6. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member