Is the Apple pencil itself worth it?

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by Mooni_nooni, Feb 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mooni_nooni

Mooni_nooni BootLEG

Tilt has always been a joke on Wacom, their own STYLUS isn't designed for tilt! And I use tilt slot as well. And yeah the pressure and responsiveness of the EMR for me is more delightful experience , also the note 4 was pretty much the best I saw out of Samsung's Spen.
    And I agree the software is the best thing about the iPad but untill I don't see PS run the way I want it to on the iPad I'm not going to pay for an apple pencil

2. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Actually, it was just used, but barely, looks new, box and packing new, works perfectly. If Apple was selling it refurbed for that price it would also be a smart way to buy; their refurbs are as good as new. Why spend $100 for something you can get for $55? I'm sure some would benefit from 2.0, but from what I've read it doesn't add much. I find most hardware purchased lightly used from reputable sellers on eBay, Swappa, etc, usually last year's models, occasionally 2 yrs ago, are 40% - 60% off list and you can usually get a Square Trade wtty for 2 yrs for around $120 (not for Pencil, of course) and that is just such a smarter way to buy any hardware. Same goes for cars, btw, at least in US.

What blows me away is how much more people outside US pay for new gear - 50% - 150% more than in US, including VAT and just terrible market realities, tariffs on non-local mfg. I would think the ability to buy, say, a 1 yr old SB2 for $1,500 off would pay for Europeans, Asians to take a trip to US for a visit - if there was any reason they would want to come here! o_O:rolleyes:

darkmagistric likes this.
  3. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Since I'm such a tech head.....I can attest that reason alone is a main reason why I still reside in the US. I would love to move to Europe or Australia.....but even after you factor in the exchange rate, the price mark up on tech everywhere else is ridiculous.

4. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Surface pen is decades behind in pen technology but it's cost is very similar to the Apple Pencil, which means Apple Pencil is really much more cost-effective.

Apple Pencil is what you buy an iPadPro for. Infact, i will go on to say, iPadPro is the best acessory for the Apple Pencil. And, the iOS is just the drivers the ipadpro needs to be compatible with the Apple Pencil. The only real reason to buy an ipadpro is to have a writing drawing surface something you can use with the Apple Pencil. The question you need to ask is whether iOS is worth it for you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.