is task killer necessary

Discussion in 'Google' started by gillian65, Jul 2, 2014.

1. gillian65

gillian65 Pen Pal - Newbie

anybody install apps called task killer or junk file cleaner?;is it necessary to clean junk file on android phone?

2. vijayraj

vijayraj Pen Pal - Newbie

no need,.....as i too installed all those stuf but its not cleared all and extra usage of battery has been done with my Android smartphone. dont try anything like task killer, battery saver, clearing data, sort data....all thinks are waste.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Are you sure?

CM security has a feature called "1 tap boost" and essentially frees up tons of ram on one click.
    I hit the button whenever I am in an app and experiencing slow downs. 3 gigs of RAM is just not enough for a lot of apps, and Android seems to constantly keep RAM tied up regardless of my app needs it or not.

So far I have used CM security to get rid of all the cache and junk files too, and sometimes it frees up a fair chunk of memory and space. Android seems to be terrible for getting bogged down by all it's own garbage. Letting it do its own thing and trying to use it stock without freeing RAM regularily creates a very laggy experience for me. And I am quite careful to turn off features I am not using, etc.

Any proof these things don't help? ... because they sure seem to help my performance along.

4. eleczo

eleczo Pen Pal - Newbie

No I just installed an App to scan the files which obtaining virus and clear them out.

5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

The reason you don't need it is because it is already built into Android. Press Task Switcher (differ spending in version but usually long press Home button), in the bottom to the left is a little pie chart, tap that and you get both an app killer and a free memory option.