Is Samsung seriously considering axing their Note series phones??

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by stoneseeker, Jul 29, 2019.

1. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I've been reading some really frustrating articles lately ie. https://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-should-kill-the-S-Pen_id117217 (full of ignorance over what a pen is used for on mobile devices)
    and also stumbled upon this little scary bitty:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...de-galaxy-s10-plus-note10-note9/#442d80c31978

Sacrificing battery size and other features is a price any note series user is glad to pay for the pen.
    It seems like maybe they should consider shifting focus on making the note series less amplified as their flagship and let the A or S series be the new flagship phones if they are so concerned about it?
    The note users are so devout, I can't imagine what an uproar if they ditched the S pen. I have gotten so used to using the pen daily, its difficult to imagine changing my phone habits for the worse because Samsung wanted a bigger battery..

anyway, hopefully Samsung isn't considering such a thing, just reading some of this stuff makes you wonder if Note 10 will be last and I should pick one up. :eek:

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

The Phone arena article was dumb....and they were lambasted and burned to the ground on twitter when it was posted.

If you want a device w/o the stylus with room for a larger battery etc and other features You would get a Galaxy S device.....end of....

I guess whether or not they will kill it will ultimately come down to how profitable they are.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    Tams and stoneseeker like this.
  3. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Since the beginning, the Note is a S with a pen.
    If you remove the pen, it is not a Note, but a S.

Tams and DRTigerlilly like this.
  4. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's the only phone I'm considering --- if it goes away, just as well, I'll have essentially zero interest in getting a phone then (until the Apple Pencil gets support on the iPhone).

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I am more likely to defib than I am to replace my Note 10 (once I get it).:vbrolleyes:

6. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

This is old news. Forbes made a big deal about Samsung killing the whole Note line last year too:

(Forbes)
    "a new leak from within the company’s supply chain reveals the Galaxy Note is facing a sudden and unexpected cancellation… "

If you notice, it was the same guy (Gordon Kelly) who wrote this year's article, once again saying the latest announced Note may be "the last chance you get".

(Jeez, you wonder if this guy's just getting paid to drum up pre-orders or something :p)

stoneseeker and thierryb like this.
  7. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Why? O why did Samsung cripple the wonderful P205 with a weak chip and small battery? The size and form is so perfect that I'd take it over the note series anytime. TBH, I wouldn't blink an eyelid if the note series (phone) in it's current form went away. It's been more form than function for me.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

Cuberdon75 likes this.
  8. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

The S+ is exactly for people who want a big phone with no battery sacrificed for other features. The Note uses the same base (chassis, camera, etc.), so is really just a variant.
    But, many people, the loudest people, are idiots. They think because something is newer that it is better, and consider the slightest improvements a need to buy it. For them, the + isn't enough becasue of that, and they not only don't care about other users/potential customers, but don't even think that there might be others.
    That some of these cretins are allowed to write articles...

9. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member