Is rotation supposed to work like this?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Yankee730, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Yankee730

Yankee730 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a Lenovo Yoga 730-15 and I'm using it with a hard case that unfortunately prevents the device from folding all the way into tablet mode like it does without the case on.

The device will enter tablet mode but if you move the display even slightly, it thinks it's being unfolded and can mess with whatever task you're doing in tablet mode.

To prevent this once I get it into tablet mode and rotate it the way I want, I use the rotation lock and that works fine, however I'd like to know if there's a way to be able to disable the rotation lock at any time; I've often forgotten to disable it before shutting down the tablet while it's in tablet mode/rotation locked and when I start it again in laptop mode, the display comes up in portrait, and I have to fold the device to unlock the rotation lock.

This puts unnecessary mechanical/physical stress on the device for something that I would think could be done in software. Is this possible to do or am I stuck?

2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

You can keep rotation lock and change the display orientation in Mobility Center or by enabling and using the Intel Graphics hotkeys.

If your case is causing mechanical stress on your device you should probably not use that case.