Is it true what i heard?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by daver, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirjaume

sirjaume Pen Pal - Newbie

I read that hp pavilion tx models, in concret model 1320us, it can not be used as a tablet pc. i mean that the pen it can not be used as a pointer mouse and click the buttons,links.etc when you browse on the net
    I dont need the tablet function for anything else than for to just browse internet without the need of a mouse and be comfortly lying on the bed clicking with the finger or the pen to click on the links in a web
    Is that posible or am i asking too much?
    I dont want it for to recognize my write or to do perfect draws just for to browse the net
    Thanks so much and sorry for my english

2. YodaEXE

YodaEXE Pen Pal - Newbie

Where did you hear this? The 1320us IS a Tablet PC, so you CAN do all of that without problem.

3. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

part of that is true.

some of the TX1000 series models do not have tablet functionality, but do still have the convertable form factor.

however, I believe that the TX13xx series has a passive digitiser, thus making it one of the touchscreen models.

Careful there: HP doesn't advertise the TX1000 series as a tablet PC, but rather an "Entertainment Notebook PC" (at least in Canada). HP sure did a great job of confusing the hell out of its customers with that name.

4. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Really? That's news to me! :D

The tx1305us at the local MicroCenter I demoed today seemed to certainly have a passive (touchscreen) digitizer and not a active digitizer like Finepoint's. Had there been a Finepoint stylus pen an a Wacom Penabled stylus pen at the store to test if it reacted to the "hovering" capabilities that a active digitizer-equipped Tablet PC has, I would be astonished. :)

--

As far as I've known, I think late this summer or early this fall, HP changed all configurations of new HP Pavilion tx1000z series (e.g. shipped straight out of the factory since the change went into effect) to come equipped with passive (touchscreens) digitizers. Check out the specifications page and see under "Display" that there's only one option for the 12.1" WXGA screen with swivel and with integrated touchscreen. Several months ago, there were two options: 12.1" WXGA screen with swivel and 12.1" WXGA screen with swivel and with integrated touchscreen.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  5. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

hm, i thought finepoint *was* passive touchscreen technology.

guess i was wrong!

gone and fixed me post already, to correct the error :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.