Is it still worth buying a Samsung galaxy tab S2 today?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by hitman, May 20, 2017.

1. hitman

hitman Scribbler - Standard Member

Tab S3 is not available where i am and anticipated date in shops is August. Can't wait that long, so considering the tab S2 for internet use, watching online content, and light productivity work. Is the S2 still a good choice?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

2. spesifikbrush.

spesifikbrush. Pen Pal - Newbie

If you don't want the S Pen, I believe it is still a good tablet. A bit outdated though, it uses the processor of Note 4. I'd prefer looking for an iPad.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

3. SZQ

SZQ Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm planning to get the 8" LTE version. The S3 doesn't really replace it due to the size difference. There are no comparable Android tablets at that size, only the iPad Mini 4.

S2 9.7" is quite a bit lighter than the S3 and I prefer the soft touch plastic. So it's definitely still a good choice considering the price difference. Maybe keep an eye on the price as occasionally it's heavily discounted (on Amazon for example) and then goes back up.

Also, make sure you get the updated 2016 models with the Snapdragon SoC. From what I have read they are slightly faster and slightly more efficient than the older Exynos SoC models.

4. hitman

hitman Scribbler - Standard Member

I looked again last week and they only had the 8" S2 on display and it looked really nice but too close to my phone in size. I'll have to check the larger size models to see which processor they have. Was going to wait for the release of the surface pro LTE model instead but it seems this won't be available til later...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

5. spesifikbrush.

spesifikbrush. Pen Pal - Newbie

They have the same processor I believe. Exynos 5433 which is used in Note 4 outside US.

Sent from my GM 5 d using Tapatalk

6. gazzy644

gazzy644 Pen Pal - Newbie

iPad would be a better choice.... Samsung tends to never update their older stuff.